How soon can you do a paternity test on a newborn?

I have this friend who is pregnant by this guy who is pretty much married and has 3 kids with this other girl..And now the girl just had twins but my friend is not for sure that the babies are his..So they are going to get a paternity test BUT the guy told my friend that they have to wait until the babies are 6 months old to do a paternity test especially because they were 2 weeks premature.?? Is that true?? Do you have to wait until a baby is 6 months old to do a paternity test or is this guy just lying?

Update:

I know that they dont have to draw blood or anything, that its just a swab in the mouth.. But what could possibly be the reason the babies cant have this done?? My friend is defending him by saying that with her 5 yo , she had to wait until she was 6 months old for the court to do the paternity test..

I think this guy just wants to stay with his wife but doesnt know how to tell my friend!!

So has anyone else heard of this

Update 2:

OK.. My friend is pregnant with this guy's baby.. THE GUY'S WIFE JUST HAD TWINS.. BUT MY FRIEND DOESNT THINK THAT THE TWINS ARE HER FROM HER GUY.. BECAUSE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WITH HER AT THE TIME... SO BEFORE THE GUY WAS SAYING HE WAS GONNA GET A TEST TO SEE IF THE BABIES HIS WIFE JUST HAD ARE HIS OR NOT.. BUT NOW HE IS TELLING MY FRIEND THAT THEY CANT GET THE TESTS DONE UNTIL BABIES ARE 6 MONTHS OLD..

i THINK HE IS JUST DELAYING IT SO THAT HE CAN STAY WITH HIS WIFE..BECAUSE HE TOLD MY FRIEND THAT IF THE TWINS WERENT HIS , HE WAS GONNA LEAVE HIS WIFE AND LIVE WITH MY FRIEND..

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

im pretty sure they can do it anytime cause it is just a cotton swab in the mouth..

• 1 decade ago

The guy is lying to probably postpone paying your friend. He can go to the place to get swabbed and your friend can take actually one of the babies (since they're twins) at a later time. They do not all have to attend at the same time either.

I have a friend who did it immediately after her child was born. Also, you can do it through an amnio test while pregnant, although, of course not recommended just for dna paternity purposes.

• 3 years ago

The paternity attempt could be finished as quickly using fact the baby is born. How long the outcomes takes relies upon on the place you have become it completed. the cost relies upon on no be counted in case you prefer some thing for courtroom or no longer. you may get the ends up in 2-10 days reckoning on who you utilize. the area decrease than permits you to print out the sheets. Get your guy or woman Ziplocs and swabs. deliver in one day. Get an answer in 5 days. that's an authorized lab that doesn't can charge you $30 for a stupid ziploc and swab (you could desire to pay one greater $a hundred and twenty for the unquestionably attempt in those keep kits). they could additionally do one which you're able to do in courtroom, yet examine the instructions on how that's finished. the individuals who say it takes 3 months- that's frequently throughout the time of the courtroom device.

• No. All they are going to do is take a cotton swab and run it on the inside of baby's cheek to get DNA sample. It should be able to be done anytime after birth.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no they can even due a paternity test b4 the baby is born.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/p...

• 1 decade ago

pretty sure they can do it anytime, you can have it done while your still pregnant but you have to have an amino done. i think he is lying. you can have it done at birth with a swap of the mouth of a blood draw

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they can do it any time, they just swab the inside of their cheek.

its ok for him to cheat on his wife but if she cheated on him hes leaving...lovely man that one.

i dont know whats worse though.that she wants a cheating man or that she was sleeping with a married one. i see lots of trouble in her future

• 1 decade ago

they can do it right now! even if the babys were 1 month they could of done it

• 1 decade ago

you can take a paternity test in the second trimester of pregnancy.

• 1 decade ago

He's lying, the babies are probably his, and he knows it and just fronting for her! Tell her don't fall for that crap! tell your friend Good luck and Congrats

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.