Can my employer sue me over company credit card purchases?

Actually it's my boyfriend, but he left his job over 6 months ago and now they are trying to say he has to pay them for charges made on a company credit card- saying they were unauthorized. This is stemming from a fight because they refuse to pay him one of his paychecks. They are trying to change his W2 even... show more Actually it's my boyfriend, but he left his job over 6 months ago and now they are trying to say he has to pay them for charges made on a company credit card- saying they were unauthorized. This is stemming from a fight because they refuse to pay him one of his paychecks. They are trying to change his W2 even though he was a salary employee. Where can I find information on laws in Arizona?
Update: Just a note- the charges were initially approved and were 100% related to his job. He is now just bringing it up because my bf is going after him for the missing wages.