Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

What's the betting that the Camden fire?

Was started by arsonists? Would it shock anyone anymore?

Let's hope everyone is ok!

Update:

Keypoint - apparently they have evacuated a large part of the surrounding area because there are gas canisters near the fire - let's hope it was that!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

Nothing really shocks me anymore, might chill me to the bone, but that's about it.

My son can see the fire from his flat in Westminster, his text message goes ' the flames are massive' there is smoke reaching so high into the sky' 'it must be terrifying for the people in the area' bloody amazing' so glad I'm not there tonight.

And yes I hope there are no casualties.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps, but more likely an accident I think.. it's so sad, Camden's been my favourite place to go in London for about 8 years and the wonderful independent market traders have put up with so much recently with the horrible new development, and now this..

Source(s): Live in London, visit Camden
  • 1 decade ago

Nah, won't be arsonists. It'll be terrorists to blame. More cameras, ID cards and RFID tracking implants will be required in order to save the nation from the scourge of terrorists.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh wow just heard it on the radio on my way home from the pub in the taxi. Will check out news sites to see whats going on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The problem is the Morrisons petrol sation next to the market

• 1 decade ago

wouldn't surprise me if it was just a group of 15 year old emo kids mucking about with a lighter and a spray can.

i hope not too much of the market is damaged :(

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

An eye witness on Sky news said he heard a bang that shook his windows. Hopefully it wasn't a bomb.

Edit:

The witness is a man called Aymen Preston.

• Grace
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I haven't seen the news so I don't know of the fire.

Lets just hope it gets dealt with quickly.

• Mab
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Weren't they trying to redevelop the are but the traders wouldn't move?

What a convenient fire that is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no you are probably right

and yes lets hope no one gets hurt

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.