Can we empty an under ground rienforced concrete swimming pool at winter with a low temprature not less (-8C)?

Favorite Answer

If there is water below the ice on the top of the pool, the groundwater below the concrete is still liquid also. It will exert hydrostatic pressure on the concrete when you drain the pool, which will crack the concrete. You need to lower the groundwater table to below the pool bottom by pumping it down. You might as well wait for warmer weather.

Source(s): MS in civil engineering
  • Rich Z

I assume you mean an inground pool.

You could empty it but will probably have problems in the springtime when the ground water pops it out of the ground. You would be better off getting some floating bumpers (or logs) and a cover and leaving it filled during the winter.

well you better have some sealant on that 'cuz I hate to break it to you but concrete leaks.

If it is below 0 degrees C it will be frozen so good luck with that one.

This question doesn't really make to much sense either I would consider rephrasing because I just don't get the point.

Reinforced. Pressurize it.