What A levels do I need to do in order to study accountancy in the future?

• cadsaz

My friend who is currently on her placement year and is studying on the accountancy course at Leeds University studied:

English Literature AS

Maths A2

Business Studies A2

Law A2

On reflection she has told me Economics (I studied that) would have been equally as useful as there are a couple of modules dealing with micro and macro economics.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Level 3 LLB Law undergraduate

You'd be much better going in as a 16 year old junior and studying AAT then progressing to ACA / ACCA.

You will become qualified a couple of years quicker than going to Uni plus the money will be higher quicker too.

The only downside is missing out on the fun at Uni.

But to answer your actual question - accountancy A-level is definitely worth having and then pick other A-levels you'll enjoy.

All the best

Source(s): Experience

ANything is fine. But Accounting at A Levels would give you a head start. Also Economics will come in handy, as will Mathematics.

As people above have said, to be an accountant doing an accountancy degree is a waste of time. Better to take a professional course (ICAEW, ACCA etc)-cheaper and faster.

doesnt matter. All your A levels do is get you the entry into university. If you wanted to give yourself a bit of a head start you could do business studies as there are finance modules you have to do, economics may also be another good one to do. The most important thing with your a levels is you enjoy them, because if you don't you wont work as hard at them, trust me i know!!

I know some who's doing accountancy at Uni, they did Economics, Maths, and English for A'levels.

ite mate am in uni studying accountency now in my last year i think its a great course mate u have to do it i took maths bussiness studies and biology and they got me in mate and they are great course good luck

Source(s): im an accountcy undergrad