Wayne F asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I'm going on holiday in 8 weeks and i'm fat!!! need to lose 2 stone in 2 months!!!?

Anyone know a good way to lose 2 stone in 2 months?

• Charly

That would not be healthy at all. That extreme amount of weight loss would damage your body unless you are excessively obese to start with.

That's about 3.5lbs a week. You may not be able to lose that amount but you can give it a good go. Cut out the fats from your diet, eat more fruit and veg, drink more water and increase your exercise regime. More running, cycling and swimming.

It also depends how much you are overweight. Maybe 2 stone would be pushing it, but there is nothing like a incentive of looking good on holiday that will motivate you more.

Good luck.

I lost stone in 3 weeks 191 lbs to 178 so i dnt see why you cant lose 2 stones in 2 moths unless ur quite thin to start with.

All I have been doin is hardcoring it at the gym burning between 500-600 kcals in 45 mins of cardio ( sprint-intervals on treadmill excellent, wave, stepper Xtrainer etc.)

4 times a week followed by 30 mins of resistance traing.

Eating i duno not counting Kcals but im eating healthy having no carbs past 5 except fruit. Eating plenty of whit fish and salmon, beans pulses...prob on 1200-1500 per day pure guess though.

If you work hard the weight CAN be lost. I was flabby and unfit to start with now i have bundles of energy and feel firm.

Reduce your calorie intake by 40% and exercise (proper exercise - not a gentle stroll) for at least 30mins a day. You won't lose 2 stone that quick, but if you stick to it hopefully 2-3lb a week.

Losing weight any quicker isn't sustainable and you'd probably just put it straight back on.

Source(s): Did it myself.

Please do not try to lose that much!! 1-2 pounds a week is plenty if you want to keep it off!

Dont think of it as a diet, think of it as healthy eating and fitness. I want to lose 1.5 stone so i have just cut back on junk, still have the odd bit but not as much!

Also i have set a goal to train for a half marathon in july so me running 4 times a week now, have it up to 16.5 miles a week this week it will be 18 hopefully!

Take it slow and you will suceed.

Good Luck

Source(s): Myself

That is a pretty unlikely target. Best options for successful, sustained weight loss are combining modest calorie reduction with regular, vigorous exercise. You could expect to lose 10lbs in the first ten weeks, but the whole thing needs to be a long term plan, if you really want it to work!

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

Dont even try to lose all that weight in such a short time! If you want to lose it then great but it will take time for it to go and stay gone. You need to make real changes for that to happen and it doesnt have to be alot, but leaving it this late tells me you will find it tough. But you have to believe in yourself and make those changes even if it means losing all the weight you want for next years hols.

cutting out white bread and pasta

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals

• Bunny

get personal trainer - expensive but boy do they work you hard! - You may not lose weight but you would lose inches and that is more important to looking good then weight.

Combine with good diet and will have good effects.