PROBLEM with vauxhall astra envoy fuel pump i think???? help?

I have a 1999 vauxhall Astra envoy di van...Its turns over but wont fire up....Ive checked the diesel filter inline pipe..There is no fuel coming out when i try and start the engine. It has some diesel in it but its not flowing out ...i can also see some air in the tube..Is it my fuel pump or reply.??? ...,For a... show more I have a 1999 vauxhall Astra envoy di van...Its turns over but wont fire up....Ive checked the diesel filter inline pipe..There is no fuel coming out when i try and start the engine. It has some diesel in it but its not flowing out ...i can also see some air in the tube..Is it my fuel pump or reply.??? ...,For a week before this happen a light has come on the dash (engine management i think). Can anyone help please....Is it expensive to get it fixed.....
Update: Ended up taking the van to a local garage..they got it started by gravity feed...fitted a metal pipe instead of plastic going into inlet of diesel filter..They said a bit of dirt was also stopping a valve closing properly.Got the van back.£100 cash for 2 days work..Been driving it a few days..engine management... show more Ended up taking the van to a local garage..they got it started by gravity feed...fitted a metal pipe instead of plastic going into inlet of diesel filter..They said a bit of dirt was also stopping a valve closing properly.Got the van back.£100 cash for 2 days work..Been driving it a few days..engine management light comes on and the van looses performanace..goes off and its ok again..this kept happening on my home yesterday.....Tried to start it this morning and IT WONT START.....HELP.....Ive tried jumping it but it wont fire up...but it will turn over...Thankyou for your suggestions..i hope this extra info will help the people in the know.