microsoft bid to buy yahoo.?

$44.5billion bid to combine both companies.will it clean out the spammers and bulk mailers.?

$31.00 offered per share.

Favorite Answer

I read that early this mornin. I doubt it will cut down on the spammers n bulk mailers.What I think it will do is take away Yahoo being free. Everyone else is doing it n my guess is that is the plan. Just another one of those "all about the money" things. :(

I just read about that takeover bid as well. It's a power grab by Microsoft as far as I'm concerned, and it would be the worst thing to happen to Yahoo if they agree to it. Microsoft has already won the battle of the browsers, because Netscape is being discontinued. Why do they need to acquire another search portal when they already have their own?

Such a thing would be extremely disappointing. Both my web sites have been hosted on Geocities (which was once independent but is now run by Yahoo) for years. As much as I'd hate to do so, if the deal goes through, on principle I will move the sites to another provider.

Will MICROSOFT clean out spammers and bulk mailers!? I don't think so. Microsoft will encourage the Live Hotmail spammers to get two spam accounts. I've said this more than once now but if Microsoft buys Yahoo I'm out of here.

Google rules. End of.

• I think it will be a bad thing for the yahoo users, especially the ones that use the yahoo messenger service and the chat rooms. Microsoft made it a pay service years ago and that was a big deal for myself and others and that is why alot of us moved to yahoo. With all the improvements they have made its a great service they provide. My vote is no for the bid.

Personally, I think it will be horrible. I'm all for Microsoft, but having them take over Yahoo! will, I feel, do more bad than good.

I think many of the services that are offered right now by Yahoo! will be changed and molded into things like MSN Spaces (gasp!).

• ?

Yahoo has been going downhill for a while now, i would say that it can't get any worse, but, if Microsoft get their hands on it i feel that it will not only get worse but we will also have to pay for it getting worse, it will be a mini disaster for those who now use Yahoo as we will have the choice of paying for what we have now or going elsewhere.

• ilan

Doubtly, it would probably raise more over time however if th is does happen expect a huge change in an array of services, look and feel to what you call Yahoo! today.

If they do buy it, what will happen with all the porn? johnlock will be practically unshipable! anyway If tumblr are lacking in money or something id be happy for them to stick a add somewhere so yahoo don't get it.

Hmm! me thinks Microsoft have made a good move and it may improve things for Yahoo!

Not good. Everything you have come to love about Yahoo will disappear.Nothing will be for free except more problems.