will british police take note of lie detector test proving innocence?

I took a lie detector test to establish that neighbours told police a pack of lies to have me criminally charged for no reason i did not commit any offence will the police consider the test along with further evidence

Favorite Answer

Unlikely to be admissible as evidence in Court. May give the police a push in the right direction to make more diligent enquiries.

They chickened out because they didn't want to be backed into a corner. They were all for taking the test until they were advised only to do so by the PJ. Very crafty seeing as the PJ do not allow it..... so the Mc's don't need to do it. How convenient.there is so much spin it's a wonder they aren't all dizzy. I read now that some crack pot working for the McCanns many weeks ago supposedly followed a dna trail from the complex to the beach (15 mins away).The trail was then lost at the water edge. So now the McCanns are saying that Maddy was definately abducted and taken away in a boat. they didn't mention that moored not far away are boats owned by British people and that Gerry could have paid off one of them to dispose of the body out at sea in a bag full of rocks,,, never to be found again EDIT VIJACK..... even if the lie detector is not admissible in court If I was innocent I would have arranged a private one under strict conditions if only to satisfy the baying public. Nothing to hide , nothing to fear.

• Marc X

Polygraph tests do not prove guilt, nor do they prove innocence. They're used as a measure of suspicion of either aspect and are subject to the interpretation of the examiner which may be based upon prejudice or ignorance.

If the police administered the test, then they will presumably consider it in relation to the other evidence, or they would not have wasted their time on it. If you took a polygraph test from a third party administrator, it's highly unlikely that the police will consider it for the reasons first mentioned above.

I understand that the lie detector is not accepted in the courts as definite evidence, there are now much more sophisticated methods of trying to prove guilt, or innocence

sorry to tell you this mate but lie detector tests will have no standing in any British court of law to either prove guilt or innocence. if your lawyer is any good than he might be able to use it somehow but it would maybe only be with the police. if your other edivence is strong then you can hopefully use it to get yourself off.

It's the Courts that do not recognise Lie Detector evidence.

If they don't, the Police won't.

I doubt it. I'm not sure that lie detector tests are all that accurate or even that the result of such a test is admissible in evidence.

Source(s): GREENWICH 280108.1934GMT

In the USA, they are inadmissible as evidence to prove -guilt-. I don't know about British law.

I'd be leery about lie detector tests.

Lie detector test are not recognised as accurate at all in the UK, that's why our police don't use them.

No!!!!! It is used as an investigative technique, most courts do not admit lie detector test results!!!!