Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 decade ago

how many times is jerusalem mentioned in the koran/?

how many times is jerusalem mentioned in the torah?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Mohammed never made it to Jerusalem, and the word "Jerusalem" appears nowhere in the Koran.

The Jewish claim to the Holy Land is much older then that of our Arab cousins. It has been our homeland for 3,000 years, and until the first Arab invaders arrived in the 700s, no descendants of Ishmael ever claimed any part of the land for themselves. Islam was established only 1300 years ago, more then 1700 years AFTER Jews made Jerusalem their capital! The Land of Israel is mentioned many hundreds of times in the Torah by its names “Canaan” and/or “Israel”; other names such as Zion are many many times more. The city of Jerusalem is mentioned 622 times in the Torah by its name Jerusalem and is referred to thousands of times by other names. The land of Israel and the city of Jerusalem are NEVER mentioned in the Quran, the book held holiest by Ishmael's descendants—not as “Palestine,” not as “Israel” and not by ANY other name!

Source(s): www.askmoses.com/article.html?h= 410&o=406
  • Lizard
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Jerusalem is never mentioned in Koran, and several hundreds times in Torah

• 4 years ago

ZERO.

THE ONE TRUE GOD OF ISRAEL MADE JERUSALEM HIS HOLY CITY FOREVER! (Matthew 4:5) Whatever The One True God of Israel does, SATAN COUNTERFEITS!

Israel's Promised Land, FOREVER, is from the Nile to the Euphrates.

"On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, 'To your descendants I have given this Land, from the river of Egypt (Nile) as far as the great river, the river Euphrates..'" (Genesis 15:18)

"Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Israel (Jacob), to whom you swore by your own self: 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I WILL GIVE YOUR DESCENDANTS ALL THIS LAND THAT I PROMISED THEM, AND IT WILL BE THEIR INHERITANCE, FOREVER'." (Exodus 32:13)

"'I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,' says the Lord your God." (Amos 9:15)

GET USED TO IT. Hallelujah!

• 1 decade ago

Interestingly, despite its importance in Islam, and being the most central city of the Bible, Jerusalem is not mentioned in the Qur'an.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None in the Koran but thousands of times in the Torah... THOUSANDS!

• 1 decade ago

It is not mentioned in the koran at all.

Not once.

• 1 decade ago

It is not mentioned in the Quran but it is mentioned many times in the Hadith. Peace!

Mohammed taught his followers to face Jerusalem and God's "Holy of Holies" on Mt. Moriah, which is where Abraham went to sacrifice Isaac and prove that he loved God above everything on Earth and by doing this became the first imam (example) to ALL of his children (including the children of his son Ishmael), showing what they must also be willing to do (Sura 8:28), before they too (his children) can become "friends of God" and "True Moslems" (Sura 2:124).

• lemeq6 years agoReport

Mecca and Jerusalem are not in the same direction, how could they face Both!???

• X-GIRL
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

sorry to tell you that it is mentioned once and God send mohmad at one night to pray there and all muslims belive in this and in the same night he went to makka as well. A mericle happened that night .

if you do not know anything about Quraan do not saythings about it.

Quraan is not like bible the language in Quraan is not so easy like the bible's

and because of this "jerusalem" as this specifec world is not mentioned but the name of the mosk that mohmad pray in is mentioned .

by the way there is no names of cities or countries or whatever is mentioned in Quraan because of the language used in it because of this its not wise to ask like this questions about the Quraan

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Exactly zero times in the Quran.

Edit: I wonder who gave thumbs-down to all of these true answers. Someone who doesn't like facts, maybe.

• Amy W
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

zero

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.