comcast on demand?

ok so today about 30 min ago they installed comcast w/ on demand and i clicked on the on demand and i need help because it doesn't want to work the man said to wait a couple hours but i dont think that was for on demand and wen i clik on the button it says "communication error please try again please call your cable operator if problem continues" and i dont want to call them rite away and ive tried dozens of times and it wont work!!

ideas please

OnDemand won't authorize for about 12-24 hours. Your box's serial number has to be authorized on the OnDemand server, and until the server runs the authos (that's where the 12-24 comes in) then it doesn't see your box as being allowed on OnDemand yet.

Make sure you keep track of the error numbers (the number listed right after that error text) so that if there is a problem you can help customer service out by telling them what the number is.

I have Comcast cable, and I can tell you that dealing with Comcast in any way, shape or form is a big fat pain in the rear. I'm so mad at them right now it's not even funny (long story). They treat their customers like crap, and you can't get any kind of help without getting a HUGE - and I mean HUGE runaround. They have definitely gotten way too big for their britches. Do what you want, but be warned, if you ever have to get any help from them, you will be sorry!

Comcast is a great cable company. The On Demand service is awesome so I understand your desire to start using it. Be patient. It will work just fine in a couple of hours.

Remember, good things come to those who wait.,,

you have to wait a while, before you start messing with on demand.

but just wait a while and see what happens to see if it works.

if it doesn't then unplugg the cable box, and leave it unplug for a minute then connect it again and that should work.

it my not be in you area where do u stay at because it do not work in my area to that why it take So long to work but that said it work but it don't

Source(s): 50000000000000