Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

The guy i have been dating might bring someone else tonight?!?

i just posted this question but.ima fix the story ok im 19. there's this guy i have been dating for the past three years. we know we like each other but were not doing anything to be officially together. i got tirred of eaiting. so a month ago.i went to this party with another guy and he saw me there which got him jealous.the thing is. im going to a our common friend's surprise party tonight and he's definitely gonna be there. this will be the 1st we will see each other after he has seen me with another guy.He is vindictive. i know that. so i am worried that this time. he'll bring another girl with him to show off and make me jealous.i need to know if that happens,worst scenario? what should i do? what's the best and right thing to do? everyone else knows we have a thing for each other...what should i do? btw.don't get mad at me for bringing another guy.i have seen him a couple of times w/ another girl too.but keeps on coming back to me. i really like him>so im confused.

• KylieV

Well do not let him know you are jealous, even if the green from envy is seeping through your pores. Speak to him and introduce yourself to his date, that will blow his mind!

Your not officially dating, so your both able to see other people freely am I correct? If so, bring another date, or just go an enjoy yourself. I think either way because you like this fellow your going to be upset if he brings another girl regardless of whether of not you bring someone else. I assume there's also a good reason why you have this mutual relationship, but aren't a couple. You should also try dating other people, leave yourself open. Worst case scenario, you'll go see him with another girl get upset and make things harder on yourself, or you bring another guy, he doesn't bring a girl, and it gets worse between you to. So your better off thinking of yourself and either calling him and asking him to be your date, or bringing someone you are attracted to or will have a good time with. Like I said, your young enjoy life don't get stuck on one person or one thing too long keep things moving while you can.

Well, if this happens the worst possible thing is if he walks up to you and introduces her to you. It's terrible when something like that is shoved in your face! If it were me, I would linger around some friends and before he gets the chance to shove this new girl in your face..just walk up to him and her..say hello and introduce yourself. Nothing wrong with that. It's alot better than waiting and anticipating whether or not he's going to introduce her to you...if he'll even recognise that you're at the part to begin. You said he keeps coming back to you, so don't let this bother you...she's just arm candy for the night.

second option is to bring a date on your own, this guy doesn't need to know if your date is just a good friend or not. That's your business..that way you won't look like the lone ranger at the party.

If you don't show up at all, he might wonder why. By not showing up, it'll only make it clear to him that it bothers you. If he's into playing games, this might make him bring more girls around when he knows you're going to be there.

Just be confident, and be yourself...don't hide at the party!

You have a lot of growing up to do. Its obvious he thought you were together with him and even in your statement you say "the guy I've been dating". Then you say your not official. Your playing head games. You wanted him kind of until someone cuter came along. Just your user name cutie shows your a bit self absorbed and into yourself. You involved the other guy the minute you went out with him. What a train wreck of drama your creating. Your a game player and he needs to drop you quick. He feels used and hurt and he should. He deserves a mature person that will not date him for 3 years but then say,"its not official." You are in the wrong and have a lot of growing up to do. In the end it may be that your the one that is alone.

Listen cutie. If you guys aren't an "official" couple, then he is totally free to bring another girl to the party, just like you are free to date this other guy. And the girl that he may bring to the party is free to go there with him. You won't do yourself any favors by being mean to this other girl. Be pleasant. To both of them. Take the high road. If you guys are meant to be together, it will happen when it's supposed to. For christ sake, you're only 19. You will have another dozen boy friends before you get serious I'm guessing.

Good luck, and have fun.

Look if he does the same to you then hes ridiculous. Even if you saw him with a girl first it doesnt mean hes cheatin or anything. If he comes with another girl to this party he is just doing things to make you jealos and its pathetic. Let him know that you want him and no one else. tell him that tonight, and show him. Its a party so live the party life. IF he doees bring this sluty ho to the party then tell him off, defend yourself, dont let him push you around or make you jealos, show him you wont stand for that bull. Good luck:)

Pick which guy you're striving for. Tell this bff of yours for three years, that you aren't playing a mind trick game. Tell him that either he's with you or you two are just friends. Don't do the green eyed monster thang, it gets really annoying and usually pisses people to the point where you're relationship (no matter what state), goes haywire.

This sounds like a really immature and unhealthy relationship. I would quit worrying about what this guy does or does not do. Try to find someone who is interested in being in a real relationship. If you really like him, see if he wants to be in an official relationship. If not, move on. But I would stop participating in this dating other people to get back at each other stuff.

• Yili

This is why I'm single now, I don't think that I will ever find a wife here in the United States, because sex and realationships here are too casual!

Thumbs down means you're a smut!

Because what I'm saying is the truth, Women with more miles on their goods than a UPS Truck.

Sorry but he is just not that into you. Its been there years, and if it was meant to work out it would have worked out by now. Go to the party and be the polite but distant "bigger person" or don't go at all. If you are going to be devastated or cause a scene its better if you don't go. Your friend will understand.

Go and if he brings a girl, don't react at all. That will make him crazy if he thinks you're not jealous!

Life goes on... I wouldn't worry about it, not at 19. If you're not exclusive, why would it be wrong for you to go on a date with another guy? Go and have fun while you're young!