Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

In real terms ,how long will a 10 GB monthly usage allowance last?

On a PC thats used around 6-8 hours a day and on a ps3 thats used 4-6 hours a day?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

How long is a piece of string.

What do you do. 10 GB would last me a week I have one file coming in now that is 9GB.

Go for an unlimited package.

• 1 decade ago

well i can give u a few examples i used to play battlefield 2 online via a 8mb connection, with a 15gb montly limit.

i could play battlefield 2 for a few hours each day and use up between 150-300mb bandwidth so thats 150*28 = 4.2gb per month. it all depends on what u do online if your just web browsing then thats not really a problem but ps3 online gaming can really use up your limit fast, most internet companies have a record on there sites that u can access showing how much of your allowance u have used up in that month.

• 1 decade ago

It takes a while to use 10GB. Is this a monthly usage as far as data sent and not a amount actually saved onto a computer? If its for data for Internet 10GB can be sent and received pretty quick and add up faster. If its for Internet use 10GB is not a good deal, try finding a place that allows unlimited Internet use.

• 4 years ago

while you're actually not doing any significant downloads, 9GB could desire to final you advantageous. of course, it relies upon on what you recommend via observing video clips. Is it basically 3 or 4 short ones, or 50 Youtube clips each week? Youtube sucks plenty out of your acquire shrink, so be careful of that. positioned it this style, the typical individual who's on facebook and surfing the internet oftentimes, without doing any genuine downloading of song and video clips, will bypass by using 50MB in under 3 hours.

• 1 decade ago

If you don't download music or videos, 3 gig will support web cam chatting, web surfing, emails, university assignment research, occasional you tube video and a 13 year old playing runescape for the month easily.

Add to the 3 gig usage if you download heaps of email attachments, video or music

• a film down load will use ¾ to 1GB

if you plan to download you will not last the week out

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.