What is the title of this movie?

Its an older movie, not OLD but a few years. Its this story about a woman who is cook, but she has like some special magical abilities. When she goes to a department store to buy dishware for her restaurant. She meets this man who falls for her and helps her out. He tastes some of her cooking and basically goes gaga for her. He asks her to cook for this opening event but she is sad and cries, a tear falls into her soup but everyone who eats is starts crying too. OH and she makes these eclair/pastry things that everyone is obsessed with.

The female actress was faily young (20s/30s) and has red hair.

The male actress also fairly young and had a short blonde hair.

Sorry I can't be any more specific.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Simply Irresistible (1999)

original title: Vanilla Fog

starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Sean Patrick Flanery, Patricia Clarkson, Dylan Baker, Larry Gilliard, Jr., Betty Buckley, Amanda Peet

IMDB summary:

A department store executive (Flanery) tries to resist falling in love with a young woman (Gellar), who he believes has possessed magical powers after inheriting a restaurant.

For some reason, I don't recall her being a redhead, but it has been awhile since I've seen it.

There also is a foreign language film with similar elements.

NOTE: When I got here, no answers showed up, so I must have taken too long to type my answer. I also had a problem because Y!A isn't accepting the link. I received a thumbs down for some reason, but, if the others are right, my answer must be correct, too. I watched this film about a month ago.

I guess I'm going to have to remember to post the title only then add details later. *SIGH*

Source(s): Yet again, Y!A won't let me submit with a link to IMDB. I'm not sure why this is happening sometimes. Generally, I have no problems with this.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Simply Irresistible with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Sean Patrick Flannery.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

ls it Simply lrresistible with Sarah Michelle Gellar?

• 1 decade ago

yea

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.