Water is coming out of my Hot Water Heater Overflow Pipe in an unoccpied house?

I recently moved into a new house, but have yet to sell my old one. I went over to check on everything at the old house, and I noticed that my back porch was wet. The water was coming from a pipe that runs from my hot water heater. Since this is just some sort or drain pipe, I'm assuming it is an intentional... show more I recently moved into a new house, but have yet to sell my old one. I went over to check on everything at the old house, and I noticed that my back porch was wet. The water was coming from a pipe that runs from my hot water heater. Since this is just some sort or drain pipe, I'm assuming it is an intentional release of water. It never did this to any noticable extent when I lived in the house.

I'm sure it will scare off any potential buyers if they come over and see a puddle on the back porch. I tried cutting the hot water heater to Pilot, but that didn't work. I tried leaving a faucet slowly running, but that didn't work either.

Also, the house has always had superb water pressure.

My question is what is causing this and how can I stop it? Is something wrong, of does this sound normal? If it's normal in an unoccupied house, I guess I could just shut off water to the house to prevent this?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!