How do I fix my eating disorder?

I have an eating disorder. I'm 15 and I can't stop eating. I eat food when I'm not hungry, I have at least 5-8 full meals a day and I can't do anything comfortably unless I'm snacking on something. I keep craving food all of the time, in the shower, in bed, watching tv. It's not just junk food though, I'll eat anything, salad, carrots, any type of food I can get my hands on. I'm not fat, I'm underweight actualy, but I'm afraid that if I continue this I might get fat one day. So if anyone has had this, or knows how to fix this, can you please help me out.

What I eat today:

Breakfast: 2 bouls of cereal, 2 pieces of toast.

Brunch: boul of soup.

Lunch: Chicken breast.

Diner 1: Turkey diner.

Diner 2: shepherds pie, pork.

Diner 3: Can of soup.

9:00pm-3:00am: A whole crap load of chips and junk food.

I', 120 pounds.

Favorite Answer

To a certain extent, it is good that you eat many times a day because it fuels your metabolism, which in turn burns off calories quickly like a furnace; this may well be the reason why you are very skinny. You're not the only person I've met who was skinny and ate a lot. If you're worried about becoming obese one day, you should consider what type of food you eat (is it junk food?) and how active you are on a daily basis. Then you should see a doctor and nutritionist. To get fat, seriously, you would have to be inactive, drink beer all day, and eat huge meals once a day. That kind of lifestyle will certainly cause you to gain weight and ultimately become fat.

If this amount of food isn't making you fat then you don't have an eating disorder. What you do have is either the body of a normal growing teenager, or some sort of problem with absorbing nutrients from your food. It's probably the former, but always worth seeking a professional opinion if you're worried, which you clearly are.

Have you seen a doctor for this? Have you discussed it with your parents?

The first thing you have to do is rule out any medical causes. I'm not a doctor, but who knows... it might have something to do with your thyroid or something like that. I find it strange that you say you are underweight and yet that you are eating that much.

If you do not seem to have any medical disorders, then its likely that food is just something that is comforting for you. Sometimes people eat when they feel a lack of emotional support and connection. Sometimes you think that food is the only positive thing in your life so it becomes the focus of your life. Sometimes you feel an absence of love and you fill yourself up with food.

Look, eating in itself is not a bad thing. What worries me is only that you seem to think its beyond your control. That is the only reason I am tellin g you to check it out.

If you feel hungry ALL day then just make sure you don't grab unhealthy things. I would probably eat something like a granola bar, fruit, toast, cereal, yogurt, or other healthy things so that when you snack so that dinner + unhealthy things won't fatten you up. I think your body is just that of a growing teenager.

It is psychological problem. The food is substitute of something: friends, family, hobby, love... You know better than me. As far as you find the exact answer you can start solving the problem.

The simple thing I can suggest you is to find out something to do, which you like: sport, music, painting, gaming, anything.

Good luck!

www best-fat-burn-strategies com

I'm 15 and I have the same problem.

I just do stuff to take my mind off it, and tell my parents not to buy any snacks and make sure i don't have any in my room or anything.

therapy