For or against: organ donating.?

For it. I won't need them after I die and they'll save some other family from having to bury a loved one, so why not help someone out.

edit: to the guy beneath me...I've written lots of papers and given speeches about organ donation these past few years. The doctors who are working on you don't even know you're an organ donor until they've tried everything. It's a whole different team of people who deal with that. It doesn't even make any logical sense either. Why would they let you die for your organs to save someone else who has a good chance of dying before, during, or after the transplant? Not receiving adequate help if you're a donor is a common myth. I have research to prove this, if you'd really like to see it.

Why would anyone be against organ donation? It just amazes me the selfishness of some people in this world! Why would you need your organs after you have died. To be honest i don't think when you're having a critical operation the surgeon is going to go "wait hold on, check first and see if this persons an organ donor or not, if they are lets just not help them" Don't make up such trash!

• Droop

Against.

Organs are generally extracted shortly after they become available, and to my knowledge there is no way of knowing what type of disease or damage the organ may have been subjected too prior to it being placed in the recipient.

But I could be wrong on that, I'm not a Dr. and I don't know the protocols that organs go through before implantation.

If the organ can be 100% guaranteed "clean", then for.

For. Organ donations have saved so many lives.

• For, if they are healthy organs. I wont be needing them and if I can help to prolong anothers life with my donation then something good will have come from my death.

for, but did you know that (well at least where i live, in NY) if you're an organ doner and you die in like, a car accident, and your parents didnt like the fact that u wanted to b an organ donor, they can say NO to donating YOUR organs? i think thats dumb.

I am for organ donating!

ALL FOR.....,wouldn't you want to save a life of someone who is in need of a organ,you'll be dead, and won't need the organ anymore!

• ..

For of course- I don't understand how anyone could be against something that can save someones life...

• As long as im dead, im for them donating my organs. But not whilst im living.

Source(s): Im Rick R and I approve this message. Paid for by the Rick R For Pres in 08 campaign