Will a cold air intake make my car sound more manly?

I was thinking about adding a cold air intake into my car. Does it make it sound better too(throaty)? What are the other positives?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

yes it will most cold air intakes give you can a deep throaty noise plus it will give you close to 15 extra horses plus give you better gas mileage plus if you get a chrome pipea or painted it will give you a nice sporty look

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Will a cold air intake make my car sound more manly?

I was thinking about adding a cold air intake into my car. Does it make it sound better too(throaty)? What are the other positives?

Source(s): cold air intake car sound manly: https://shortly.im/8v3DH
  • Paula
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z and I installed a cool air intake in my car, what it does is force cool air into the engine so the engine does not get to hot which aids the car in having more horsepower. They really do work well as long as you buy a good intake system. I have added 12-15 horse to my car, it may not seem like alot but you do feel it!

• 1 decade ago

the cold air intake will only give you a slightly higher intake noise at most(and it's about as loud as a whisper.) the increase in hp will be 10-15 range on a stock motor. the sound will come from the exhaust. i like using flowmaster or borla 2.5" catback exhaust.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

• 3 years ago

Cold Air Intake Sound

• 1 decade ago

Cold air intake will not make it sound any different, you need to go to a muffler shop and have them install a performance muffler, like a flowmaster muffler. The cold air intake will give you more horsepower at around 40 mph and up. Ive seen the results on a dyno, its around 6-8 hp gain. Doesn't sound like much, but every pony counts and they add up.

• 1 decade ago

NO, but it will boost up your cars BHP. If you want to sound it more like a race car why not install a exhaust system, or remove the filter inside your stock exhaust.Oh and the whistle sound of the turbo.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

on my car....

it gives it a lil more acceleration power....

..slightlly better fuel economy.....

adds sound when u start the car.. simelar to a small turbo

..can hear it gasping for air rapedly *** soon as u shift..

really nice

but get AEM, K&N, OR GREEDY

• 1 decade ago

i put one on mine and it does sound more throaty i get better acceleration and gained 4 miles per gallon

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.