What is the deal with all this talk of RECESSION?? Where??

Do you know what a recession is?

George Bush brought us out of a real recession! Our economy is f-in awesome!! Greatest story never told!

74 straight months of economic expansion!!!

5 percent unemployment!! (Essentiallty full employment!)

Worker wages have risen 3.8 percent over the past year, a full percentage point ahead of inflation!

Growth in total compensation for the entire workforce is rising at a 3.3 percent pace after inflation!

U.S. productivity surged 6.3 percent in the third quarter of '07!!

Business inflation has come down from 3.5 percent a year ago to 1.5 percent!!

U.S. household net worth just scored a new record high of $58.6 trillion, with financial asset gains outpacing the drop in real estate values!!

Husehold wealth has increased 43 percent in just the past five years, despite $100 oil, $3 gas and the sub-prime infection!!

Recession!?? Are you for real

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

stupid democrats making it up as usual

• 1 decade ago

Before there can be recession the economy has to slow. A recession being two straight quaters of negative growth in the GNP.

W, did not pull us out of a recession, he put us in one immediatrly after he took office with his tax cut to the rich. This took a huge amount of money out of the econmy money that was being spent. Higher Oil prices are a drag on the econmy the huge W war defecits but his tax break for the rich decreasing revnues an dthe war increasing expeditures, Th edefecinets have a upward affect on interst rates. Higher interst rates tend slow the economy, since most projects are financed,ie, money is borrwed to do them. Higher inter rates means fewer new projects. Of course to W's consituaincy this means nothing, if rates are low the bower if rates are high tehy lend they win eaither way, because hey they are rich.

so you have the double wahmmy of a sloing econmy due to higher enegy prices, --everything movces is heated is coold by follsil fuels, platices are made from them it ripples thoreugh the economy = higher prices less of a desire to spend less atactive our products are overseas the pressure is to slow down, coupled wiht the deficts which is pressure to raise interst rates which will sooo things down. so far the fed has not given in to the pressure and is loweinr rates to keepo things going. This is good and probably will work with or with aout a fiscal stimuls, monteray poplicy always truming fiscal policy. So, as long as the fed is willin got go against the grain, it should be good, but it would help if oil prices would stablizes even come down a little, and revues would increse to cut the defict somewhat. I'm not big on endeing ht ewar becasue i think that send s the wrong m,essage to terrorists, but hey if we are gonna be ther we should get better oil prices outts the deal too. I think the sudi's are playing with us, also we've outsourced so much work that places like india are beinging to incresinly demand oil --- outsorcing is bad.

The numbers you display are fine, but remeber those are now aceint history, what is the econmy doing or gonna that's important not what it has already done.

• Sean
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Seventy-four months of economic expansion for the obscenely wealthy. Bush has made it good for his super-rich family and friends.

Those unemployed beyond the time they receive benefits no longer count on the unemployed rolls, even when they don't have a job.

Care to show me the source for your data about growth in worker wages and total compensation, as well as your other figures. I just simply do not believe that household wealth has increased 43 percent, especially in light of gas being double the price today as it was five years ago.

It seems to me that ordinary Americans are being squeezed harder than ever. Food prices have risen. Housing prices in Colorado certainly haven't gone down in the past five years, and to my recollection, have gone up. The spin on the numbers are published by mainstream media which is corporate America and they certainly want everyone looking at their numbers with rose-colored glasses. However, I don't think the economy looks too rosy for a vast majority of Americans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is This Some Kind Of Psyops Ploy To Get The Slave Wage Laborers To Press On Slaving For The Ruling Elite?

Take Your BS To The Homeless Shelters And Tell Them About It. Because You Can't BS Us. And You Forgot About 5 Million Unemployed Illegals, And The Other 30 Million Illegals Looking To Move Into Our Foreclosed Homes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • babers
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

nicely gee enable's start up w/ the certainty that the housing industry is ineffective, and the investment/banking companies are final left and appropriate (this would be a certainty, it is what everybody i be conscious of does for a living, or used to do earlier they CLOSED) and then enable's communicate concerning to the certainty that the greenback is worth in certainty not something if u attempt to interchange it in the different u . s . in the international! So sure, we are in a recession. As to your "ingredients" above, it is the comparable element they did w/ the gasoline ceiling a protracted time in the past, they are doing those issues to attempt to maintain us, not b/c we are doing nicely. Oh yeah, and your 5% employment is unquestionably cosidered undesirable. examine an econ e book, what they provide theory to complete employement is under 3%! and then study that to different countries and you will see 5 is intense...

• 1 decade ago

That was for the 3rd quarter of 2007. Much has happened since then. I wish you were correct but that isn't what people are experiencing. Fourth quarter results won't be out for another month or two. They don't talk about putting $150 billion into the economy to stimulate it if there aren't some serious problems. Our dollar is worth less than 68 cents. That does not make for a stable economy.

• 1 decade ago

Here is the deal . . . George Bush had to go hat in hand last week to the Sauds and the Emirates to beg for money to bail out the banks and by extension the US economy.

How does that figure into the scenario that you present?

Source(s): I am paying attention.
  • 1 decade ago

recession - word used by democrats to frighten the country into voting for democrats. (also see unemployment)

spending cut - phrase used by democrats when a republican increases spending less than a democrat deems necessary.

housing crisis - when people get risky short-term mortgages, then blame republicans when the bill comes due.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd like to see these links to these facts you are spouting!

BTW---Romney has stated publicly that Michigan is and has been in a one stae recession for a long time!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can't believe you as long as one person in this country is having a hard time No matter if it was his/her doing We loving caring Lib/Dem well do what we can to .....Make hay out of it

• Dave M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why don't you go out and talk to the one and a half million Americans who are going to lose there homes this year.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.