Does beer really help produce more breastmilk?

I'm producing very little breastmilk, I pump every 2-3 hours. I can't breastfeed because he was in the hospital the first 3 weeks of life and they introduced the bottle and pacifer and now he doesn't want to latch on so I pump ALOT. But I am still not producing enough. My nurse said to have a beer... show more I'm producing very little breastmilk, I pump every 2-3 hours. I can't breastfeed because he was in the hospital the first 3 weeks of life and they introduced the bottle and pacifer and now he doesn't want to latch on so I pump ALOT. But I am still not producing enough. My nurse said to have a beer after I pump and by the time I get to pumping next time it will pass through. But to tell you the truth, I'm not a beer or even an alchol kinda person. I do like the girly smirnoff drinks, and I was wondering if I did one of those if that would be any different. I would only have one a week. No more then that. Even the thought of having alchol in my system doesnt make me happy, I just want to produce more and not dry up. We all know breastmilk is best for baby. I heard herbal drinks from health places can be harmful so I am staying away from those, soo would a smirnoff be okay insteaad of a beer. if any of them are even okay, im just going on what my nurse said.
Update: cant use the sheilds because i have to thicken his milk with rice due to acid reflex or else he cant hold it down