Cashiers: Anyone have rude customer stories and advice on how to deal with them?

I've worked at Loblaws for 4 months a year ago and just recently at Metro and I am still shocked that such rude people exist in the world. I have so many stories I don't even know where to start. I've just had a VERY rough day with rude customer after rude customer yet I still said "thank you"... show more I've worked at Loblaws for 4 months a year ago and just recently at Metro and I am still shocked that such rude people exist in the world. I have so many stories I don't even know where to start. I've just had a VERY rough day with rude customer after rude customer yet I still said "thank you" and "have a good day/night" so if you are about to say it was because I was rude, well..then just don't comment. I'd love to hear some of your stories because...well...misery loves company. also, how do you deal without completely breaking down right there at the cash? suggestions? tips?