what does " jinx" mean?
I have heard this word always connected to the idea of superticious things! is that correct? what does it mean exacly? a curse or something?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavourite answer
A jinx, in popular superstition and folklore, is:
- A sort of curse placed on a person that makes them prey to large numbers of minor misfortunes and other forms of bad luck
- A person afflicted with a similar curse, who, while not directly subject to a series of misfortunes, seems to attract them to anyone in his general area.
- An object or animal that brings bad luck.
- A common slang term used when two people say the same thing at the same time (said as a game amongst the young and young hearted which suggests some kind of spooky supernatural interference).Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinx
- Anonymous4 years ago
1Source(s): Numerology Life Paths http://renditl.info/NumerologySecrets
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
A jinx is like a curse. Or if for example you are working on a project which keeps running into problems, you could say it was jinxed. Like doomed to have bad luck.
- Chemical JellyLv 51 decade ago
A jinx is someone or something unlucky. A person can be "jinxed" meaning they are unlucky to be around.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Jinx (?), n.
A person, object, influence, or supernatural being which is supposed to bring bad luck or to cause things to go wrong. [Slang]
~ Definition by Webster 1913
- 5 years ago
Isn't it remarkable to recognize that, numbers can show you the real course? The subjects like personality and compatibility could be checked out with the help of numerology and if you intend to learn the reality then the best method is right here https://tr.im/hr2jC
Numerology has been utilized for over 2500 years and is accurate to get the tinge of future so take absolute control of your destiny the numerology from this site shows methods on how to take control of as soon as happiness, profession, relationship, and also demonstrates how to get better points life has actually got to supply by using fundamental law of humankind to obtain all you require.
You have the power to swiftly transform your life for the best.
- 1 decade ago
a jinx is kind of like a curse, but not so extreme, its supposed to be some kind of incantation that makes bad luck happen
- AmandaLv 45 years ago
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/kh8cN
To me, worship is putting something or someone first in your life. That is the reason people can worship their job, their money, their family, their "belly", etc. And that is reason people can give worship to those other than Jehovah. But when Jehovah is first is your life, it is to him that you pray, that you sing about, that you speak about, that you read about, that you live for, that you long for, that you look forward to listening to and about, that you seek the approval of, that you study about, that you teach about, that you reach out to. He is your other half in a spiritual relationship. And spirituality cannot be complete without that other half. The definition of worship is multi-faceted, as are the expressions of worship. We speak of "worshiping in many ways". And that is correct. I don't mean all forms of worship are acceptable. But that our worship takes on different facets or expressions. We can't sing and study at the same time. But both are worship. We can't study and pray at the same time. But both are worship. There is more, but I will stop here.