Sue asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Please! Help us! Name our dog.?

If I can't come up with a really great name for our new black lab, my little girl is going to insist on naming him "KC Jones"!! (drove the train too fast?). No, our last name is NOT Jones. We got our puppy 3 months ago. We call him KC, but we need "something cool" to put on his registration. He is going to be a bird dog used for duck and pheasant hunting.

KC stands for Kansas City (not Casey). because that is where his sire was from. He has a name in the sense of what he will be called, we just need to ellaborate on it for his registration.

Here are some examples of our other dogs names...West Point's Straight Shot Sam (named after the kennel where she was bred, called Sammy), Thunder Bay's Big Rolling Thunder (again, named for the kennel, and was called Thunder). This new puppy came from a breeder who has no registered kennel name.

Last Names' KC Bird dog extraordinaire

• Diane

Piglet is fine if that is what you like, many people may associate the name and the tail with a pig, and may make derogatory comments, but she is your precious baby doll, give her a name worthy of a compliment. She has been through a lot most likely to even be at a rescue.

i think kc jones would fit...he answers to kc so maybe something that starts with a k and a c like Kansas City King or Kelly's Chief or something like that.

i think kc is a cool dog name.

Huckleberry, Dakota, Baxton, Cooper, Comet, Jinx, or Mickey?

Oh please give your poor puppy a name!! After three months of getting to know him you still don't have any ideas? I don't know if I can help, I've always named my pups after something to do with the origin of their breed, but I don't know much about labs. He needs a name though!

I personally love KC Jones...but I named our female bulldog Sniper Jones...and no our last name is not Jones...or anything close to it!

Petey was my friends dog and he was the best hunting dog ever.The bird didn't even hit the ground yet and he was there waiting for it.I was shocked

i think since he is a hunting dog you should name him like eo or umm terminator or the annihalater plz dont anyone get offended i just think it would be cute to name him a name from someone in a movie!

Here are some:

Midnight

Guiness

Barnaby

Kendall ,or Ken Doll :)

Horace

Dusty

I know it can be hard -- I named my dog Herbie (or Herbert when he's in trouble), not sure what kind of name you're into - good luck!

Winchester

browning

something with hunting

our male weimaraner is Remington