Does anyone know about Lewy Body Dementia?

My father was just diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. We don't know much about this. I was wondering if anyone could explain it a bit to me and if there was a web site other than http://www.lewybodydementia.org/ with news letters. Anything would help. My dad has been threw so much and now this. He really is delusional now. And it hurts just to see him like this and I wanted to see if there was any help out there.

I don't have any answers for you. Dementia is hardest on the family members who have to watch this disease steal the minds of the ones they love. My heart goes out to you and your family. The web site you listed is an excellent one and answers most of the questions you have. What you need now is a support group. Start looking for support groups for dementia patients. They don't have to be specific for Lewy Body Dementia. Any support groups for families caring for a member with dementia will be a good starting point and they may be able to point you to more specifice groups. Good Luck to you, your family and your dad.

• Ellen

I went to google and did a seach on Lewy Body Dementia. I am partail to using any information from the Mayo Clinic so I have included a link to their web site. I am sorry that you and your family are going through such a hard time.