First off, if a thief really wants your car ... they'll find a way. However there's lots you can do to make your car less attractive to a car thief. Remember, most often, a theif targets your car because it is easy to break into, not that it is more valuable than others. I should know, this is my thrid Integra I've owned. I use to average 2 break in's a year. And now that I've taken these steps, there have been none in the last 3 years.
- get a 2 way alarm
- get a immobilizer
- get a club, make sure the key hole faces the windshield
- always remove the face plate of your stereo
- park in a well lighted area
- leave nothing in your car (water bottle, small change, anything. I once had my back window broken for 1 quart of motor oil that I left in the back seat)
- make sure to hide or remove the brand name of your speaker components (tape over them or simply remove the logos)
- if you have component speakers, install the tweeters in a hidden location.
- make sure to use a reputable garage to do all your high performance parts & premium sound installation work. Fly by night installers may take note of your expensive parts and come for them late at night.
- leave coin box and glove compartment opened and emptied
- leave the interior & exterior of your car as plain looking as possible, don't spend your money on making the car look fast.
- spend the money on making it go fast (under the hood).
Good luck, have fun.