Jim B asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

Can I really save some money by switching to Geico?

Just wondering if i should interupt my life to do so

totally worth trying! I've called to speak to the gecko, but he's always in a meeting!

Yes! You absolutely can save money with Geico but at what cost? Geico can afford to offer cheaper rates mainly because they don't have independent agents all over the place. Instead, they have call centers. So, yes, they can "pass" the "savings" on to you because they have less administrative costs to handle. But, what happens if God forbid you get involved in an accident? Will that claims processor they send out be your true advocate or will you have to keeping on telling your story to, yet, another person behind the phone? At the end, with the insurance business, nothing is for free and you will get what you pay for. If you won't pay for the quality, measured by the reliablity of the carrier, then, good luck.

You can only discover the real answer by calling GEICO for a quote. My guess is that you will do as well calling a local independent agent, and you won't have the irritation of dealing with GEICO customer service.

I saved almost 50% when i left geico 7 years ago

As much as 15% in most cases.

yes

one would hope so, given the amount of advertising they do to state this :)

I DID SAVE MONEY. PLUS I CAN DO IT ON LINE.

DIDN'T TAKE LONG.

Go to www.geico.com and find out!!!! LOL

no