Does your liver recover from the occasional binge drinking session?
- denise gLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
It depends on the original condition prior to the drinking. Also, what is your term for "occasional" drinking. Also, what are some of the other things do you do to make your liver less functional, pills, and poor diet, high in ldl cholesterol , and other poor choices can play havoc with your liver. Remember it purifies everything that goes into your body. Be good to it.
- Anonymous6 years ago
May be, have many ways to recover liver such as:
Abstaining from alcohol consumption – It is not just heavy drinking, but even alcohol intake in moderation should be avoided once diagnosed with fatty liver.
- Making the right food choices – A restrictive diet will need to be followed by the diagnosed individual. Foods that are high in fat, that includes dairy rich products and red meat, should be completely avoided. All types of processed food products and grains should be refrained from consumption. Following a low-salt and low-sugar diet is recommended. The individual should attempt to incorporate more of raw veggies and fruits into their daily meal plan as well as stay well hydrated.
Researchers have found numerous ways to improvise the action of common home remedies & developed proven systems to cure liver diseases with a guarantee.Find here how people cured fatty liver at:http://adola.net/go/fattyliver-bible/
Have a good health!
- Half-pintLv 51 decade ago
The liver is one of the two things in your body that can regenerate the other one is your ribs which can regenerate as long as the membrane surrounding the rib is left intact for this reason the ribs are used as a source of bone in reconstructive surgeries. But drinking can raise your chances of your liver failing or getting cancer.
- Best of BritishLv 41 decade ago
Have not stopped the Binge Drinking yet... Still going after 30 years.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- josephrob2003Lv 71 decade ago
yes,it can be damaged,but it is the only organ in the body that actually regrows,but they, the experts say,more than two glasses of wine a day will damage it,not sure about beer though.
people that have cancer of the liver,once the cancerous bit has been removed,have made a full recovery,that's not to say you should go ahead and abuse it.Source(s): my wife had cancer, and with the treatment,had damaged the liver several times.
- newgranLv 61 decade ago
Yes it has an amazing ability to repair itself,, but don't do it too often.
Drink plenty fluids to flush out your system after a binge
- Anonymous4 years ago
Go for protein rather then sugar to keep energy levels going strong rather then crashing. Edamame in pods is the perfect snack since it takes some time to eat and a one-cup helping offers 12 grams of protein.
- WCLv 71 decade ago
Yes, the liver is the only organ in the human bidy which can regenerate itself, if given time.
- 1 decade ago
Yes, the liver actually regenerates. Although, if you make a habit of it, your liver won't have the chance to heal.
- 1 decade ago
Yes it does recover but if you spend years and years drinking too much it will start to take effect. Drink plenty of water to re-hydrate.