fresh asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 decade ago

does anyone know what country the surname REVAKHAH originated?

maybe Russian

• dlpm

I'm not finding it in a straight surname such on Ancestry UR or UK. Google wants to change the surname to rAvakhan and directs to a doctor.

Totally a guess: REVAKHAH is close to Revkah, the Hebrew version of Rebecca. The surname could be a variation of that given name. It could also be an variation of Ravani, which is a surname found in India.

My surname is Norwegian, I'm Norwegian, I live in Norway.. Cool or what? .. What's cool though, is that no one else than the ones who's in our family by blood owns that surname.(in the world - wooaah) Because it's uncommon, lol. last time we checked there were about a few over or under 100 with that name in norway and other places in the world, where they emigrated to.

Greenland

LL Loves Mullets is the drunk one here. Everyone KNOWS that comes from Inuit (Eskimo) and is one of 5 words they have for 8 inches wet snow!

I'd guess Romanian but I couldn't turn up any Revakhahs and just found Ravakhah.

Did you mean, Re vodka? Russian of course

If just one sober person turned up to answer this they'd know

REVAKHAH is backwardese for HAHKAVER!

• Kevin7

It might derive from the Hebrew name Rebecca