Removing Adware off my computer forever?

Some how I got adware on my computer now ads keep popping up very often and I have to close them out other ads pop up and I cannot exit out of them. I have used a few programs such as Ad-Aware, Windows Defender and Mcafee to try and get them removed. All these programs seem to recgonize them but they for some... show more Some how I got adware on my computer now ads keep popping up very often and I have to close them out other ads pop up and I cannot exit out of them. I have used a few programs such as Ad-Aware, Windows Defender and Mcafee to try and get them removed. All these programs seem to recgonize them but they for some reason are unable to remove them. They say they are removing them but then they seem to come right back. I am not going any places on the internet I haven't before so I don't believe it is a site I have visited. Does anybody have advice on how to remove this adware off my computer permently?
Update: I hae also used CCleaner but that hasn't worked either.