Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

The True Spirit of Christmas?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

Hi Marcio de sampa,

The true spirit of Christmas is generosity. Not the generosity of material gifts and presents, but the generosity of your own loving presence.

Give more of your own loving presence and less of the token presents this year. Yes, there is pleasure in enjoying material gifts, but what is remembered, what lasts, is the presence of the loving soul giving love generously and unconditionally to another.

This presence lasts for all time. This presence, you will carry with you beyond this life. This presents lives on in a loving legacy that flows from generation to generation.

You remember such a loving presence from your childhood. A grandmother, grandfather, an uncle, an aunt, a member of your extended family, someone who saw you as you truly are and met you and greeted you with this recognition.

Someone knew you deeply and loved you, encouraged you and connected you to some good place within yourself, and through their recognition, reinforced your own awareness of the goodness within you.

Merry Christmas, Kisses!!

Helda

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The true spirit of christmas IS giving. It is a time that we think about all those that we love and show our appreciation for them with a gift. This isn't just any gift; it does not have to be a material object. In fact it is best that it is not a material object and I'm not talking the latest electonics or the hottest fashion - that's all commercial BS. I mean the gift that is given with all your heart and soul and to see the joy in the other person when that gift is received. That joy is the spirit of christmas.

Of course that is only part of it.....

• drury
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

it quite is alive and properly in my abode and with my pals and kin. it quite is plenty too effective in theory and intending to be the rest. we've generations of traditions that we shop sturdy. they're actual, loving, relaxing and maximum severe to each persons. and that i'm no longer speaking approximately provides and decorations, besides the reality that they upload a marvelous custom and feeling to the Christmastide. and there is the religious area that's why we rejoice it to start with. For me, it''s the main severe time of the year! So ignore the corporate backside lines, client advertising assaults and mass advertising that tries to cut back it and actually submit to in suggestions what Christmas is quite all approximately. Love, sharing, togetherness and actual happiness. pass Christmas caroling. Have a Christmas ceremonial dinner with pals and kin. We do and continually will!

• Kipper
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Happy Xmas

So this is Christmas

And what have you done

Another year over

And a new one just begun

And so this is Christmas

I hope you'll have fun

The near and the dear one

The old and the young

A very Merry Christmas

And a happy New Year

Let's hope it's a good one

Without any fear

And, so this is Christmas

For weak and for strong

For rich and the poor ones

The world is so wrong

And so happy Christmas

For black and for white

For yellow and red ones

Let's stop all the fight

A very Merry Christmas

And a happy New Year

Without any fear

And so this is Christmas

And what have we done

Another year over

A new one just begun

And, so happy Christmas

We hope you have fun

The near and the dear one

The old and the young

A very Merry Christmas

And a happy New Year

Without any fear

War is over, if you want it

War is over, now

Happy Christmas

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jesus - without him Christmas wouldn't exist!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its whatever you make it, since its technically a pagan celebration of the winter solstice. christians took it and claim it to be the birth of their god (which is really isnt). xmas is whatever you want it to be at this point.

• 1 decade ago

It's pretty much dead..... you'll find remnants of it here and there, but I haven't seen a whole lot of it....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

is sort of creepy

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.