Why does God require faith?Why doesn't God "prove" Himself to us so there is no need for faith?"

A question many people ask repeatedly and heres a reasonable answer.... Our relationship with God is similar to our relationship with others in that all relationships require faith, and I can never and will never fully know any other person. This is because we are incapable of fully knowing others because we... show more A question many people ask repeatedly and heres a reasonable answer....

Our relationship with God is similar to our relationship with others in that all relationships require faith, and I can never and will never fully know any other person. This is because we are incapable of fully knowing others because we cannot experience all they experience nor enter into their minds to know what their thoughts and emotions are. If we cannot know our fellow finite human beings fully, how can we expect to fully know an infinite God? Even if He should desire to fully reveal Himself, it is impossible for us to fully know Him. It is like trying to pour the ocean (infinite in quantity) into a quart-measuring jar (finite).There have been times in the past that God has revealed Himself more "visibly" to people, through plagues, parting of the red sea..ecetera..Yet, in spite of these repeated demonstrations they still refused to trust Him when He wanted them to enter into the Promise Land. So now we.
Update: can choose to trust Him for our future based upon what He has already revealed about Himself and His character. We can choose to have faith....
Update 2: Opinions on what you believe please
Update 3: Me AM: Thats just what I just spoke of above about God revealing Himself some had faith/trust in Him but others still did not even when He chose to appear to people. Jeez can't you read or are you truly ignorant of others opinions.
13 answers 13