needle stick injury and syringe sharing HIV Risk?

apparently after reading from several reliable website , it appears to me that needle injury poses way lesser risk than those who share the same syringe for drugs when it comes to HIV . is it so ?

i would think so because 1) people who do drugs & share needles have a higher risk of having diseases such as HIV and when you share needles you're exposing your body to someone else's fluids. 2) people who work in health care use precautions - they have medications they can take to help prevent them from getting HIV (after they've been stuck w/ a needle)

Yes. Usually because needle sticks are usually associated with a lesser contaminant load than someone who takes a needle and is pushing it all the way through and then manipulating the fluids with the plunger. The depth of the needle, the size of the needle all play a role, but I would take a needle stick over sharing a needle with a drug user.

In any event, statistically you are more likely to get hepatitis C than HIV.

I paintings in a detention center and alongside my colleagues we've oftentimes obtained scratches somewhat than finished sticks. None individuals have had prophylaxis and none individuals have obtained something accordng to the blood exams. we've been instructed that in case you double glove you decrease your probabilities of buying Hepatitis or HIV by potential of 70%. As you're saying that's her status that's significant. My non-scientific colleagues are no longer even instructed if somone has a BBV whilst they have been bitten by potential of a prisoner - that's extremely unfair on the sufferer although that's medicaly ethical. Our prisoners even have the rigt to refuse to be examined. people who understand they're contaminated regularly declin therapy - because of the unsightly area-effefcts. My recommendations are with you. suitable desires.

is difficult to get hiv because it dies in minutes out of body but you ca catch hepatitis c which can live for weeks outside body

it is so. cause druggies are dirtier.