Ruben C asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

In the Gym, what is the fastest way of losing weight, using the machines or anything?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

The one that burns the most calories, of course. That's pretty much up to you as to which one you want to work the hardest. Of course, you can always do it for free and simply run, do calisthenics, swim, bike, or whatever. Just remember, no machine is going to do the work for you... it's all up to you.

• 1 decade ago

The quickest way to burn fat and use up calories is cardio. You can run on the tredmill, the eliptical, stairmaster, ect. for about 30 to 40 minutes a day to get started. What most people don't know that when you weight train and build muscle along with cardio it helps burn even more calories! For every 5 pounds of muscle you put on your body burns an extra 20-25 calories an hour just to maintain that muscle. Thats about 600 calories a day without doing any work! So my advice would be to spend about an hour or so at the gym, first do cardio and then work out on the machines and/or free weights. You lose weight, and get toned at the same time. Good luck! =]

Source(s): My friend is a trainer at LA Fitness. I work out 5 days a week and have seen the results.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Most people would tell you diet and exercise more. Well I've got a way you can lose 40 pounds in 2 months. Want to know why! 1. Set Up Realistic Weight Loss Goals. Don't set a weird goal like 10 pound a day no. 2. Drink Plenty of Water. Drink about 6-8 glass of water per day. 3. Chew More Slowly when You Eat. If you eat 5 smaller a day you will accomplish your goal, but pleas don't eat three enormous meal. That would actual get you fatter. 4. Exercise at least 30 minuets per day. Pleas stay away from pills they could kill you, some pills could help but there is a few that do help. If you follow this correctly you will achieve your weight goal.

• 1 decade ago

Combined with a proper diet...

A mix of cardio (for fat burn and calorie burn) and weight training (for building muscle) is best. You can switch off if you want to go everyday. With the cardio you get your heart rate up so that you can burn fat and you can up your endurance which is good for you anyway, you can spend around 300 calories in an average, decent session.

Just make certain that your diet is allowing for a calorie deficit at the end of the week. It takes 3500 calorie deficit to lose one pound of fat. A trainer should be able to help you determine your Basal Metabolic Rate and you can plan how many calories you need to consume in your diet from there.

With the weight training, it helps b/c muscle burns calories even at rest. However muscle weighs more than fat. So you might not lose as much "weight" but you will lose inches and gain tone.

Good luck! It can take a month and half to see results, so stick with it!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Fastest way is doing cardio for 40 minutes EVERYDAY... but you gotta eat a lot because when you start going to the gym regularly, your metabolism goes sky high!

• 1 decade ago

Cardio - you can do some weights or machines, too - since more muscle mass burns more calories. But cardio is the best way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Use a combo of free weights and machines, some for the same or similar movements. you're greatest weight loss will come through your diet.

Charlie C.

• 1 decade ago

use the cardio equipment running machines, but do run dont walk its not enough also steppers. kickboxing is great for loosing weight makes u so fit. you could try swimming. my mate was 19 stone and he use to put a black bin liner on under his clothes and go for a jog just like the boxers do! it worked hes now 12 stone. dont use the weights

• 1 decade ago

Totally Weight Lifting, I've tried it before. It really works !

• 1 decade ago

I say anything cardio. Burning calories burns fat and you'll build some muscle too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.