Say that it was modern times, and you were one of the wise men visiting baby Jesus, what gift would you bring?

Remember, it has to be a useful gift, a symbolic gift, and a modern gift. If it were me, I'd bring him a digital camcorder, so this time he could record himself his own words and their meaning, rather than leaving them to be written and interpreted by others.

You?

Why do people have to give thumbs down???????

Favorite Answer

I would gift him a mobile phone...so whenever I need something I will just call him and I will certainly know he is listening to me. I don't need to pray anymore then.

Maybe that's what happened. It is the message of Redemption and about life after death that is important. I heard of a painting of Jesus watching an Apostle being crucified, and Jesus is laughing. Some people find it very offensive. I think it is titillating to the intellect. Maybe Jesus knew something the Romans and the Temple authorities did not know. Such as that angels were surrounding the Apostle at that very moment. Maybe the angels were actually making him comfortable, but not seen or scarcely imagined by the men crucifying him. The angels may have been at the ready to swoop him up into God's hands.

• Bruce

The Magi were only a few hours ahead of the Herodian soldiers sent to kill all the boys up to age 2 in the Bethlehem area. In the original story, the gold was probably the most useful for Jesus' survival; the incense and myrrh were probably dead weight.

Given that the Holy Family needed to escape by back routes, I'd give Jesus a Hummer with GPS capability, stocked with down outerwear and plenty of freeze-dried food and bottled water.

Cheers,

Bruce

Assuming that I made the "wise men" list....

1. A Gas Card -- No Camels in KC

2. Stock in Google! (Gold)

3. Publishing rights. ( No King James here!)

`

In modern times? I bring incense, gold, and myrrh.

Incense for my Priest

Gold for my King

Myrrh to annoint the broken body of my Redeemer

...for whatever era Jesus was to come in, He was always to be these things. Priest, King, Saviour.

Shoes so his feet don't get hurt when he learns to walk.

And I agree about the "digital camcorder". That's an awesome idea.

But I have to go with shoes.

I have to say, this is the best Question I have ever seen on here, and its really making me think.

I would have to say a car, perhaps he would get to reach more people, and not have to walk so many miles across the deserts.

Source(s): <><

I would give Jesus my heart and my life, so that I could be useful to Him. Oh yeah, I already did that. Great question

Nintendo Wii

I was going say "YOU", my friend, til you said something "USEFUL"..so I will have to go with something else now. LOL! How you been? Sorry I have been away, lots going on. Good question!! Have a SUPER day!!!