Every time I turn on my computer, it asks me for my password? I have Windows XP.?

PLEASE READ.

IT IS NOT THE PASSWORD TO BE ABLE TO USE THE COMPUTER.

Every time I turn on my computer, it brings me to a place where my screen is mostly all BLACK, but there is a little visible LOCK that I have to open with a password. I DO know the password. So, when I enter the password then it brings me to computer time set-up and so on.

HOW CAN I MAKE MY COMPUTER TO STOP DOING THIS?

Sounds like the BIOS password. Go into your BIOS (usually F1 at the boot screen) and turn off the password setting. That should take care of it.

These are probably your administrator / user settings, which are set in your "Control Panel." You'll find various settings here for one or more users, including whether to require a password. One could just be "owner" and another could be a "specific user." Check that and eliminate the user profiles you don't need. In addition, you could try and see if you need the password at all. Occasionally when it pops up, I can just "ESC" right out of it and not enter it at all, and proceed as usual.

Is there a box that says "Remember my password"?

If there is, put a check mark in it.

Then check "Don't ask for this password again"

Or go into your user account and change the settings.

Click -

Start (lower left of screen)

Control Panel

User Accounts (double click)

Change the way users log on or off

Then check - Use the Welcome screen

While on that page, go to -

Learn About Logon Options

Learn more about User Accounts

• edgmon

somebody has placed a potential On password (called consumer password) on your pc, from interior the CMOS. Reset the CMOS to production facility defaults by using shifting the CMOS jumper from one pair of pins to the different pair of pins, waiting 30 secs, then shifting it decrease back. There are 3 pins, and the jumper is on the middle and one outer. See the %decrease than of a CMOS jumper.

i would go into the bios setup and see if a password has been set, if so get rid of it

if its in xp there is something to do, but you have to be the adninistrator

so get back to me

My computer is the same way.

My mom says to press the f11 or f10 button before the "please type password" thing. She says it might take a few trys but you HAVE to press one of those buttons when you see it say press f(#) to reboot or something about a menu.

hope this helps!! :)

i think its like the lock computer thing - it does it when you press fn (function) + F1 and then it says your computer had been locked.

it them has the lock and black screen- i dont know how to fix it but its not a major problem or virus.

go to control setup then user account n delete ur password so then u can go without typing ur password

that is just the way your computer is set up so i dont think you can fix it.............but you can call circutcity and talk to fire dog.

you have to go in and fix itso you dont need a pass word go to set up