2 term limit for presidents. hypocrites????????

I am honestly registered as an independent. Forget political parties for a second. Dont you think the 2 term limit should apply to a husband and wife. What do you think would happen if Laura Bush came out and said she was going to run for president. The govt is rewriting everything this country was based on. both parties.

Being the first lady isn't the same as being president. The first lady is just a title with no real power,Yes they attend functions and head committees, but they aren't political committees. In short the first lady is a glorified public relations rep, nothing more.

The other part of that equation is, a first lady, theoretically can divorce her husband, and go back to her private life. So, the government isn't re-writing anything. More to the point, there is nothing in the US Constitution that addresses the first lady as any type of official position.

I don't like Hilary either, but she can run for president if she wants too, although I wish she wouldn't. And after the last eight years, I doubt anyone with the last name Bush will ever be elected as president.

Source(s): degree in political science

No it should not apply to husbands and wives. This is just whining from people who don't like Clinton. If there are enough of you who don't she won't be elected so what is there to worry about. If there are not enough - why should her husband's fomer career stop the people from getting the president they want.

As for what would happen if laura Bush ran - I think we would all have a really good laugh.

And with respect to your last comment - what has a 1947 constitutional amendment got to do with what this country was based on?

• Rick K

Hillary did say that we were getting "two for the price of one," when Bill was elected. Seems to me that, since she's already served, she should be term-limited out!

Vote for Rudy!

Or Laura Bush!

Hillary will be running things this time around, not Bill if she is elected prez. She will probably ask for his opinion on a number of things, but most presidents have done just that with their spouses while in office. Like it or not, Bill Clinton is the most popular politician on the planet.

I'm also independent, and will never vote for Hillary Clinton, but I have to disagree with you. Your argument could apply equally to parent/child (well, father/son, since we've only had men) and would be just as unfair applied to that relationship.

• I think that they are separate people, and that terms limits specifically referred to a single person.

i think term limits should apply for all elected officials or no elected officials, each person is a individual entity marriage doesn't factor into it

Does that mean we can get rid of any chance that Chelsea would be able to run ????

I hope so...nothing against her personally, but if she got elected, both of her parents would find a way to pull her strings ! YUCCCKKKK !!!!

I am a right leaning centrist who never wants to see Hillary as commander in chief, but I think your idea is completely ridiculous.

I agree. She was already in the White House for 8 years. She wanted to make Bill Clinton VP but it is not allowed. Next their daughter will be running.