The reason for the season: this is corny but... a coworker of mine told me about his family's Christmas?

tradition of baking a cake for Christmas morning in celebration of Jesus' birthday. not sure if anyone else has heard of this but I thought it might be one way to help people remember (especially children) why this season is important. Anyone else do this or something similar?

i was raised to not celebrate christmas so lots of traditions are new to me.. it's been a blessing to integrate them into my family's life over the years.

I know all about the pagan origins of the date. I also know wedding rings and ceremonies have pagan origins but we do them anyway.

Pikachu, lol. I don't want to set my house on fire!

did the same as a kid and sort of stopped as my sisters and I got older. Now that I have children of my own and want them to understand the true reason behind Christmas I am going to start this again.

a friend of mine used to have a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party for all of the kids in the neighborhood.

She would tape a huge sheet of paper to the wall and let all the kids draw and write a message to Jesus on it. Then she would have them read and act out the nativity story and then they would have a birthday cake. It really gave the kids an opportunity to share what they understood about Jesus and who he is.

Personally, I no longer observe Christmas as a religious holiday or celebrate it as the birthday of Jesus as I find this to be unbiblical and I have received the authentic God ordained feasts as true celebrations of Jesus. I won't , however, turn my nose up at any attempt to share the gospel with children and encourage them to open the Bible and get an understanding of it. -The main thing I would be concerned about is keeping and worshipping 'Jesus in the Manger'

When witnessing regarding the Biblical story ofthe birth of Jesus - I never end it with the wise men- we don't crawl back in our cribs or put a pacifier in the mouth of friends and relatives when celebrating their birthdays, why would we keep Jesus in the manger for His- I make sure that those I am sharing with understand that we are not celebrating his birthday, but celebrating, not at Christmas , but for all time, the gift of redemtion given us in Jesus and that he is alive and powerful and reigns as King and Lord today and every day!

The ACTUAL reason for the season was to get more people who believed in the pagan religions to sway more towards Christianity. That is why December 25th was chosen. That is why we have Christmas trees. That was part of the pagan beliefs.

Just knew Meissen9 would leap at this one! Vomitting up the same old crap every time something beautiful is mentioned. Probably suffers from the big D too.

• Gizmo3

My grandma always has had a happy birthday Jesus cake, we all even sing happy birthday! I love to see my Atheist cousin sing to Jesus!

You are supposed to bake a poppyseed cake for our Lord.

• k-baby

I have known some people that do that. Kind of like having their own birthday party for him.

• *Sniffs*

Do I smell cake?

LOL- Yep, we did this too. I thought we were the only ones to do that.

that's cool..i think that's a great idea...i've never done it...but we always read the Bible and talk about it before we do anything else on Christmas....

• ?

How many candles do they put on it?