are you going to keep your place cooler this winter because the cost to heat your home is to high?

or keep the thermostat lower to save energy? i only put the heat on for a couple hours a day...alittle in the morning and alittle before bed, because its so expensive

(just noticed a typo on the word to. should have been too (high) )

We've been doing that for several years, it's nice to be able to snuggle up and keep the heating bills down.Turning on the heat for a few hours is defeating the purpose. You have to reheat the house, expending more energy. Set the thermostat lower and let it run all day.

Here's another tip: All the heat from you dryer is going outside. Put a nylon over the end of the hose and the heat stays in. It also adds moisture to the inside air preventing dried sinuses. Cover the hose connection to the outside to keep the critters out . After all you paid for it why not use it?

Source(s): Cheap, not stupid!

My last apartment heat was included in my rent so I would just walk around in shorts and a t-shirt with the heat up to 70. Nowadays I pay a monthly heat bill so my heat is set to 60..I go to bed in my pants, sweatshirt, winter socks and hat!

I like the colder weather. Granted, I live in Houston, so cold here isn't nearly as cold as somewhere up north. We usually turn off the heater altogether. I prefer to wrap myself in blankets.

My house is now using electric space heaters. Much cheaper we found out, than gas.