fall out boy song.. inappropriate song title??

Ok... there is a video on mtv for fall out boy.. the whole video is about how children are kidnapped in some african country and forced to fight in their like civil war or something (i cant remember the name of the country.. maybe ugunda or something like that) So the video is kinda touching... well Is there ANYONE else that thinks its inappropriate to have the song titled "im like a lawyer with the way im always trying to get you off" I mean how could they be that inconsiderate making their video soo serious when it has a title like that? its absurd. anyone agree??

Hi Sarahhh,

I too felt that the song title is inappropriate, but the video is very touchy. Those kids would be having very tough time in Uganda. hmm i think we are so lucky being here ....

Yeah, that's inappropriate video material for such a song title. I mean the video subject is such a serious matter. I would definitely have done something different. They are o.k. I have found some of their lyrics to rub me the wrong way and have turned me off to the rest of the song. I've not been too crazy about any of their recent releases.

I really like that song, howevery I have no idea what the video has to do with the song title. The title is a little innapropriate, but usually people just called it the "Me and You" song.

• ?

well, FOB can be a bit ridiculous with their song titles, but look at every other song they've written, the titles are completely irrelevant to the song. but if you think about it, its really unique and obviously gets people's attention. also, the videos dont have anything to do with the song. it's kind of artistic but its all personal opinion.

Apathetic Lullaby. ;D Hmm... definatley too flat. Way, way to flat. You need a big conflict, something interesting, other then a dissaproving father.... maybe the boy's father was her dad's boss and he fired her dad for drinking at work or something, and the dad hates the boss's guts, because now he has a crappy job flipping burgers or something.. I dunno. Back to bigger conflict: maybe she just found out she has a deadly disease, and she has to deal with that. Int he end you could make her die, or the boy saves her (maybe she faints and is dying when he runs 2 miles or something with her in his arms to take her to the hospital and he saves her) and then her father loves him because he realizes how much he loves his daughter blah blah saved her life blah blah, ohh, maybe it's not a diseass but she gets hit by a car or stabbed by a gangster, I dunno... burst appendix? :S Anyways, those are my ideas. Good luck! :] PS: No one can think of the perfect title but you, because no one knows the book and it's characters as well as you do. Also, we couldn't even think of a appropriate, kinda-fitting title without knowing the whole book. :S - Blue~*

• Tiffa

Do you even know what the song is about?? Its not about the video. Plus, most FOB song titles are inside jokes/things people wouldn't really figure out.

Lol.

Peter's [he is bass player] Father is a lawyer

:]

Peter Is the one who writes the lyrics also

so im 99% positive he named the song

yeah its innapropriate..but the thing is..that's how ALL of their songs are really...theyre music videos dont even have anything to do with their songs or the title...it's really weird. even though it is a good song and music video is good too..

Yeah, they did over-do the title. Real un-called for but hey, its music biz and it attracted attention. Nowadays people do weirder things for money. I completely agree though.