Anonymous

Do Polish people eat Swans?

We have a problem here near me with swans going missing and then the carcasses showing up dumped. The locals are blaming the Polish immigrants. I want to know if they do really eat Swans

Sorry by carcass I meant the scraps

We don't have wild cats and racoons in the UK but thanks for your input!

of course they eat swans it's swans and potatos for lunch in poland for most families everyday they arent recognised as being special over there they just see them as big chickens

Never mind the Poles, we British used to eat swans as a delicacy, especially during world war 2!

It's actually an offence to kill a swan - technicall they all belong to the Monach of the day!

Animals eat swans too, like wild cats and racoons.

I'm partial to a bit of swan. Braised in port, with thyme and shallots. Lizzie (HRH to you) likes it that way, but she also pan fries it, in a Nigella Lawson sort of way, know what I mean?

if its a carcass noones eaten it have they -it would just be bones and feathers and guts - they might even keep the feathers cos they are usefull

Henry VIII used to eat them

Well, I saw one looking a little down in the mouth!