Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 decade ago

Is Viscount David Linley really the royal in the "sex and drugs" blackmail or a smokescreen?

The royal, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, had a low public profile. The Sun newspaper reported neither Prince William nor his brother Prince Harry were involved. The Times newspaper reported that it was an alleged homosexual act.

However, it has been revealed that David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley was named as being the royal at the center of a blackmail scandal. Viscount Linley (born 3 November 1961), known professionally as David Linley, is a member of the British Royal Family, the son of Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon and 12th in the line of succession to the British throne. He is the chairman of Christie's UK, the international auction house.

Lord Linley married The Hon. Serena Stanhope on 8 October 1993. They have two children, The Hon. Charles Armstrong-Jones, born in 1999, and The Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones, born in 2002.

Ironically, he was the only one in the first 12 places in the line of succession to marry anyone who held a rank or title after Prince Charles who married Lady Diana Spencer. His wife, before marriage, was styled "The Honourable" and if her father had become an earl she would have risen to the rank of "Lady." His own children now hold the title that his wife was born with.

Lord Linley is a manufacturer of furniture, upholstery and interior design products known for their neoclassical appearance, dramatic use of inlaid woods, and attractiveness to high-profile clients such as Oprah Winfrey, for whom he designed a desk. He founded his own company, called LINLEY, in 1985.

• picart

David Viscount Linley

Isnt that Princess Margarets son through Lord Linley?

Yep you must be right Bert. Broken home = Gay. Real Intelligent.

That's what I read (American magazine). To be honest, I never heard of him until this.

He always struck me as being a shirt lifter, broken home and all that.

I knew that he worked with wood but I thought they meant like trees----

Hhhhmmmmmmm....

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=312659

Don't say I told you!

good question! I never thought of that

Yes dude he is.