Why the heck is everyone so opposed to working in fast food?!?!?

Everyone seems to think that working in fast food is degrading. That you must be a second class citizen or a poor schmuck to work for a fast food joint! I think what it is, is, nobody in this country has a work ethic. They're afraid to stand on their own two feet and actually work for once. I've got... show more Everyone seems to think that working in fast food is degrading. That you must be a second class citizen or a poor schmuck to work for a fast food joint!

I think what it is, is, nobody in this country has a work ethic. They're afraid to stand on their own two feet and actually work for once.

I've got news for you all: anywhere you work, the object is customer service. You have to cater to the customer, whether you're a business tycoon, or a fry cook. I guaruntee you, Bill Gates is just as concerned with his customers as the guy taking your order at the nearest fast food joint is. Just because he makes more and you don't see him doesn't mean he isn't "degrading" himself just as much as the next guy.

Would you please explain what's wrong with working in fast food?