what is the dirrerence between maintenance free battery and non maintenance free 12volt?

i have a new battery charger with 2 settings, one for both type of batteries and one for non maintenance only! in this position it charges higher amps! i am charging leisure or solar batteries with it! 12volt lead acid! not getting enough sun so i need to be able to put in the maximum! how do you identify the difference?

any help would be appreciated

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Non-maintenance free can be topped up with distilled water. Maintenance free can't. That's all the difference there is.

You can charge the non-maintenance free at higher currents as they are not "sealed" so any gas can escape. Your leisure batteries should be used at the "maintenance free" setting as they are designed for slow charge and slow discharge. Car batteries are designed for rapid charge and rapid discharge.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Maintenance Free Battery

• 5 years ago

Maintenance free batteries do have removable caps, so most above answers are not correct. Mercury out board motors warn against using maintenance free batteries. I would say the answer regarding higher charging current is accurate. The charging system of an out board is more current driven, which can cause a high voltage output when used with maintenance free batteries.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the dirrerence between maintenance free battery and non maintenance free 12volt?

i have a new battery charger with 2 settings, one for both type of batteries and one for non maintenance only! in this position it charges higher amps! i am charging leisure or solar batteries with it! 12volt lead acid! not getting enough sun so i need to be able to put in the maximum! how do you...

Source(s): dirrerence maintenance free battery maintenance free 12volt: https://shortly.im/fZc5c
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi Sumel

Basically, the maintenance free batteries are better, but every now and then you have to top it up with distilled water. They take much more punishment from day to day use and charging, and from my experience they last longer too.

With the SLA (sealed lead acid, eg yuasa) 'gel filled' common when the battery is fitted inside the car like the boot, these have a 2-5 year life depending on type of battery use, (you will have to go to the battery website and look up the serial no. this will tell you its tolerances) But as i think has already be said as they are sealed, or close vented, these don't like being drained low and prefer to be kept charged or topped up, so if its for a boat/car that doesn't get used much use the Mtce free batts, they will do you well and don't cost that much more if any to buy and may prove more cost effective and tolerate of any special conditions you put it through.

hope this helps... good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maintenance batteries you can open the screw stopper on top of the cells to add water if necessary... Maintenance free , the cells are sealed as there is no need to top up. I dont think it would make too much difference .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Internally, not much they are lead oxide batteries. A maintenance free Bat does not have filler holes and caps. But if a girl calls you at 2 am and she is looking for some booty and the maintenance free bat is dead and wont charge. Take a cordless drill and pour some tap water in it.

I got “some” that night, (lack of P**sy makes you brave.) I did buy a new one at wall mart on the way home

• 6 years agoReport

lol wouldn't that void the warranty

• 1 decade ago

"Maintenance Free" batteries (lead acid or alkaline) are sealed and do not require topping up with distilled water because the electrolyte level does not change because they do not produce much gas.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

The best solution is to gain control over it. As someone already said, stop when you're getting there and relax. Pay more attention to pleasuring your mate--orally, perhaps--and avoid rubbing your penis up against anything while doing so. It will take work on your part and patience on both parts. Learn here http://EndPrematureEjaculation.enle.info/?yh59

As a last resort, some antidepressants curb sexual functioning with the intention of learning the pleasure of restraint after which you could taper off them. Here's your goal: the longer you can delay your orgasm, the more intense it will be. So it isn't just a matter of satisfying your mate. This is the main reason some claim stoned sex is better, unlike drunk sex which can leave you unable to perform (brewer's droop). You enjoy exploring each other longer. And remember, oral isn't just one place. It's all over, paying particular attention to kissing, and TALK about what each of you like. Strange how people don't talk about sex when they're the ones doing it.

• 1 decade ago

the different between the maintenace free battery is already fully sealed the battery sulotion compare to non -maintenace battery..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.