My Expedition has the message ' door ajar' all the time... can it be reset?

03 Expedition, Eddie Bauer, does not have traditional buttons for the doors, must be electronic. Is this an easy fix or can it be cleared? All doors are shut. I can simply push the reset button on dash but when i restart motor it comes back on.

I had a 1997 expedition do this, took it to dealer, they told me that in most cases spraying the key holes and assembly with wd40 would fix it. Took it home did all doors and back door and it worked

If there is no door jamb button, then the switch is integral to the door lock assembly. Remove the door panel and replace the lock assembly. This is the unit that is bolted to the door,usually by 3 or 4 screws.

you may have to disassemble door find wiring going to door latch assembly.Unplug wiring place jumper in to plug if warning goes out you have faulty switch if not more trouble in wiring harness..

it's an easy fix for a dealer. you can't do it yourself. Your lucky the message doesn't read " fix or repair daily:

't