Non-LDS Christians, why do you think we believe things that we say we don't?

Why do you all continually say "Mormons believe (insert your favorite thing), this is wrong" and when we correct you, as we always do, you still continue to say we believe these things? Like, why do you say things like "Mormons worship Joseph Smith over Jesus" or "Mormons believe the... show more Why do you all continually say "Mormons believe (insert your favorite thing), this is wrong" and when we correct you, as we always do, you still continue to say we believe these things?

Like, why do you say things like "Mormons worship Joseph Smith over Jesus" or "Mormons believe the Book of Mormon OVER the Bible"? When we come back with "No, we don't believe ABC or XYZ" you all still insist that we do.

Is it because those who tell you what we supposedly believe also tell you that all Mormons lie about what they believe? Or do you think we're just stupid or something?
Update: >Just take one of your commericials and say what you believe plainly and clearly. Won't that clear everything up for everyone?< We could. But this is my point! we try to tell you in other ways, and you do NOT believe us! I believe we DO tell you what we believe in our commercials, and you don't... show more >Just take one of your commericials and say what you believe plainly and clearly. Won't that clear everything up for everyone?<

We could. But this is my point! we try to tell you in other ways, and you do NOT believe us! I believe we DO tell you what we believe in our commercials, and you don't believe it, right?

My point! We tell you and tell you, in every way, and you still don't believe us.

What's it going to take? We can't tell you what you want to hear, cause I am tinking wat you want to hear is not what we beleive. If we tell you that we believe something we don't, you can feel we are lying. But, if we tell the truth, you say we lie.

My Point!
Update 2: Plural marriage is not a doctrine, it was a practice. Marriage DOCTRINE is eternal mariage, no matter how many wives you have. Plural marriage was a PRACTICE. And we didn't end it, God excused us from the practice.
Update 3: NO ONE outside our church studies our church more than we do. If WE don't know what we believe, then NO one does. If we Mormons worship "a different Jesus" than mainstream Christians, then perhaps it's YOU who should stop calling yourelves Christians. Oh, wait! The believers in Christ in the... show more NO ONE outside our church studies our church more than we do. If WE don't know what we believe, then NO one does.

If we Mormons worship "a different Jesus" than mainstream Christians, then perhaps it's YOU who should stop calling yourelves Christians.

Oh, wait! The believers in Christ in the Bible didn't call themselves Christians did they? So, if you call yourselves CHRISTIANS, then you are not being Biblical. If you want to be truly Biblical, you call yourselves Saints. As we do.