Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

OMG - my filling came out!! HELP!!?

omg, the filling in my molar that iv had for around 2 years just came out, like ten minutes ago while i was eating! and i swear, when i got the cavity filled, it wasnt that big, but the cavity in my tooth with the filling out now is HUGE, like almost half of my molar!

whats going to happen? my dentist doesnt open till next week, and its the half term holidays. will it hurt? what should i do?

my mum says that i should get it refilled, but my dad says to leave it because he thinks the dentist is a rip-off and i shouldnt bother with another filling! i dont want to spend the rest of my life with a big hole in my tooth!

please tell me what will happen? how should i take care of it? will it need a crown? i hate fillings! they hurt so much! PLZ HELP!! xxx

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Get it filled. A few days is not going to make much difference. If it's hurting you can buy emergency repair kits from a chemist. If you don't get it seen to it's going to hurt a lot more. Break it and you could lose it.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

• 1 decade ago

You need to keep the hole in your tooth cleaned out (brush and rinse it out after you eat). You need to see your Dentist as soon as possible to get it refilled. Hopefully you did not develop a cavity under the filling and all Dentist has to do is refill. Yes, it does seem the Dentist is a big expense but you need to take good care of your teeth or you will end up having to pull the tooth, which hurts a lot more. I ended up with false teeth and believe me, you don't even want to end up like that. Good luck.

Source(s): years of personal experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fillings don't last forever.

You should get it re-filled. Having the open hole in your tooth could become quite painful, and it will probably make your tooth more temperature-sensitive.

Also, it leaves the inner structures of your tooth open to infection and further decay. Unless you want to lose the entire tooth, you should see a dentist to get the filling replaced.

Any dentist could refill the cavity for you, it doesn't have to be your regular dentist.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Doing nothing really isn't an option as leaving the hole in your tooth will lead to pain and/or infection which will eventually need more drastic treatment (Possibly extraction).

If it isn't giving you pain right now, wait until your surgery is open and explain the situation. Ask for the first available appointment and take the dentist's advice on the best treatment for the tooth.

If you're in pain phone the NHS help-line, they will put you in touch with the on-call dentist.

Source(s): i'm a geeeniuth
  • Em
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You're obviously quite young - I suggest you look into a white filling rather than a mercury one - who needs more toxins?

It might not hurt yet - just try to not eat on that side. I broke half a tooth off and it didn't hurt - I didn't get to the dentist for over a month

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

OMG - my filling came out!! HELP!!?

omg, the filling in my molar that iv had for around 2 years just came out, like ten minutes ago while i was eating! and i swear, when i got the cavity filled, it wasnt that big, but the cavity in my tooth with the filling out now is HUGE, like almost half of my molar!

whats going to happen? my...

Source(s): omg filling help: https://biturl.im/jKsTP
  • 6 years ago

The tooth around it may start to chip if you leave it and there are chances of infection. My filling has come out many times. Make a appointment as soon as possible to get it filled.

• 4 years ago

The Nexus formed a mutiny last night and gave Wade Barrett an ultimatum: either hire back John Cena or they kick Wade out of Nexus. So he will be back... heck he never left!

• alan w
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The hole will get deeper, and that's when the pain sets in. If it gets really bad and you leave it you will need a root canal, and that is the worst pain imaginable if it gets to that stage get it pulled. Its at the back anyway so that's the best option.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.