What do people mean when they say "the Bible says"?

(I confess I have said it many times in my life; and herein is my public apology for not actually stating who said it, so that we can examine the saying contextually.) For example: Moses said that it was bad (a sin) for a homosexual man to be unfaithful to his wife by lying with another man in his wife's... show more (I confess I have said it many times in my life; and herein is my public apology for not actually stating who said it, so that we can examine the saying contextually.)

For example: Moses said that it was bad (a sin) for a homosexual man to be unfaithful to his wife by lying with another man in his wife's wedding bed.

V’et zachar lo tishkav mishk’vey eeshah toeyvah hee."

But I hear people saying, "The Bible says homosexuality is a sin, or they say "God said homosexuality is a sin". --

(Moses never came to that conclusion, Jesus never came to that conclusion, Paul, in a personal letter, kind of came to that conclusion. -- So why would someone say, "The Bible proves that God thinks of homosexuality as a sin?"
Update: (If anyone quotes an English translation, I suggest you go to your local college or university and ask a Hebrew speaking religious professor to explain the original verse, before it was mistranslate in 1607.)
Update 2: Or simply let you heart witness to you. Why would God create a unique person and then condemn that person for being unique?
Update 3: Dear Mark - You have just quoted Paul's personal letters. But you called it the NT. Paul's words just about completely negated everything Jesus actually taught. -- Are you a Roman Church member in Paul's decision to interpret or reinterpet the actual words of Jesus? (during the first century) Then why... show more Dear Mark - You have just quoted Paul's personal letters. But you called it the NT. Paul's words just about completely negated everything Jesus actually taught. -- Are you a Roman Church member in Paul's decision to interpret or reinterpet the actual words of Jesus? (during the first century)
Then why are you following and quoting
Paul's letter to the the Romans during the first century?
Update 4: Dear Jim Pettis, Your extensive research and conclusions certainly illustrate that once a person is convinced to hate or condemn someone, they will misinterpret the very theme of God, and they will misinterpret the very message of Jesus. And just what is the theme of God and the message of Jesus? Harmony is... show more Dear Jim Pettis, Your extensive research and conclusions certainly illustrate that once a person is convinced to hate or condemn someone, they will misinterpret the very theme of God, and they will misinterpret the very message of Jesus. And just what is the theme of God and the message of Jesus?

Harmony is harmony; disharmony is the only sin against God.

But Church empires, including several authors in the Bible, have maintained their control over their congregations by defining "sin".

Many Bible authors searched their world for confirmation and justification for their hatred and condemnation of anyone different than them. If you do not see the gross differences between Paul and Jesus, then you have epitomized the expression "a disciples blindspot" (a disciple of Paul, not a disciple of Jesus.)

Since Paul, the Church Empires have had 2000 years to justify their allegience to Paul instead of their faithfullness to the Sermons of Jesus.