happy
happy asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

Spiders and conkers?

I have been told that putting a conker in each room will stop spiders from coming into my house. Is it true and does it work, also do they have to be this years conkers? If this doesn't work does anyone have any other ways of stopping the horrible things coming in and frightening me to death?

Yes it does work! I care for a 91 year old lady and she has done this for many years and has never had spiders in her house since she started. You can buy conker spray as a spider deterrent so there must be a method to it. I think I've seen it in the Kleeneeze catalogues or similar. I don't think it has to be this years conkers unless they are cracked and dried because it's the oil in them that the spiders don't like. It's spider friendly and eco friendly too so if you can find new conkers then great.

Conker Spray

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Spiders and conkers?

Source(s): spiders conkers: https://shortly.im/yPuKL

I heard this for the first time ever a few weeks ago & I was quite surprised. Apparently, the person in question had conkers on the window sill to keep the spiders out. I would also love to know if it's true as I also have a phobia of them. Being that there are already differing answers to your question I guess the best way to find out is to try. Good luck!

It doesn't work.

We tried it as we didn't just have spiders we had man eating monsters. They completely ignored the conker.

• under health and safety rules.

if you put conkers down for spiders you must provide them with goggles and gloves.lol

• My friend did this and i have to say it didn't work, i am mortally afraid of the hairy scuttley beasts but i just have to be brave and go for the old glass and card , go on you can do it.

Shame you don't like spiders, we have had one in our front room for ages and we call it Henry, he runs across the floor every night, how sad am I?

Ken

I have a horrible way to deal with them - I spray hair lacquer or fly spray. It doesn't do much harm to them but it makes me feel better. You can also spray VERY hot water at them. Another way is to talk to them and say that you will not go into their territory if they keep out of yours!!!!!!!!!

Best method the good old fashioned kill it with your slippers I HATE SPIDERS