Do Republicans realize the cold war is over, and that the Chinese and Russians are welcome business partners?

Reading stuff here it seems folks need to be dragged into the 21st century.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't disagree with that at all. The only thing that concerns me would be allowing huge conglomerates and monopolizing to handle all of the trade.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Cold War is not over, only the Russian Soviet has fallen, and it is rising from the ashes of glastnost wearing Putin's face. Meanwhile the Chinese continue to industrialize and arm, with a standing army in excess of two million trained personnel and a dominating market position we never let the Russians get.

Who was it who decided we should do business with the Chinese Politburo, when even little Cuba remains too dangerous to even speak to? Richard Nixon, and the Republican Party! Never mind that we are offering our throats to a racist and iseologically driven regime with enough power to frighten any sane government, because there is money to be made!

When the 21st century really arrives, China and Russia will not be appearing as our "welcome business partners."

• 1 decade ago

Of course the Cold War is over. A new one is beginning. I'm Republican and know that. The Russians aren't in the condition to do much of anything besides fly old crappy bombers near our airspace and complain. The Chinese are ripping us off of at least $80 billion a year due to unfair trade and are also poisoning us. The Chinese have also threatened to nuke us and the independent nation of Taiwan. A war with China seems imminent and it's only a matter of time before we get into the biggest fight ever.

You seem like a left-wing Democraft who lets the Chinese get away with selling so much to us without buying a fair amount in return and also continue to poison products they sell to us. Understand that the Chinese have nuclear missiles targeted on Washington and other major U.S. cities and can launch them in just a few minutes after two hours of fueling. We don't have a system guaranteed to kill incoming ballistic missile warheads with 100% destruction. It could kill many people and I don't want that to happen. Wake up and smell the uranium on those Chinese missiles.

• 1 decade ago

Well evidently they do at least realize this is true about the Chinese since China practically own this country. As for Russia, there is a lot of commie talk going on. It's kind of silly. I dig Duran Duran and Depeche Mode as much as the next guy but seriously, the 80s are so over.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure! Hey buddy ole pal! How about a nuclear warhead in your backyard? Give me a break! These two countries would take us over if they believed they could! Greed is a powerful! Why trade with the US is you can own the US? You are lucky that you live in a country that has some moral values! These 2 nations have none whatsoever! Oh and by the way, The lead paint is bonus too huh?

• 1 decade ago

Yes.

Republicans need a war to stay in power. When the cold war ended, they had to create another one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

russia and china are starting to modernize their militaries. they have signed a defense pact with each other. they see american imperialism as a threat.

hence, attacking iran will mean the end of the world.

• 1 decade ago

You're funny, since it is primarily Liberals and Ron Paul supporters who are having trouble with globalism.

Most of the rest of us have accepted it, regardless of whether we like it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.