Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Top 10 Current NFL Quarterbacks?

I'd like to know who you think currently are the top 10 quarterbacks in the league are in no specific order.

Here is mine in no specific order

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Brett Favre

Ben Roethlisberger

Donovan Mcnabb

Carson Palmer

Matt Hasselbeck

Jake Delhomme

Drew Brees

Jon Kitna

Favorite Answer

1. Tom Brady (CLUTCH. enough said.)

2. Peyton Manning (High Football IQ, reads defenses like no other. Stat machine and now has credibility with a ring)

3. Brett Favre (Experienced, stubborn, persistent, made of iron)

4. Tony Romo (Plays with a chip on his shoulder this year. Doing great things on a team I detest so it's hard for me to admit)

5. Ben Rothlisberger (This was a tough call because I also wanted to put him at #4. He plays on a team that believes in D first so it's hard to really scrutinize over his play. Still, he's been steady thus far)

6. Carson Palmer (Big numbers. Big receivers. Bengals are all air and he's maximized output in that system)

7. Donovan McNabb (Lost a bit on his step. Sure, he had a good game last week....against a weak squad. He's still rusty but still has to prove to me that he can come through against nastier teams this year)

8. Matt Hasselbeck (Fairly consistent. I think he'll fall in my rankings by next year.)

9. Vince Young (Huge upside. Seems to have that winning intangible that produces. Forces defenses to reconsider their schemes because he is a real threat on his feet. Underestimated arm. Should easily climb the ladder as his career progresses.)

10. Jake Delhomme (I have problems with this spot because I'm torn between Delhomme and Matt Schaub. Are the receivers making Delhomme look good? Was Andre Johnson making Schaub look good? We'll find out in the coming weeks.)

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Brett Favre

Carson Palmer

Tony Romo

Jake Delhomme

Ben Roethlisberger

Vince Young

Drew Brees

Matt Hasselbeck

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Brett Favre

Jon Kitna

Matt Schaub

Jake Delhome

Ben Roethlisberger

Carson Palmer

Vince Young

Tony Romo

Notable QB's left out:

McNabb-easiest secondary schedule out there

Hasselback-on and off

P. Manning

T. Brady

B. Favre

T. Romo

C. Palmer

B. Roethlisberger

D. McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

M. Schaub

D. Brees

I would discard drew brees at this point for vince young (who still has alot to prove and would probably hover around 9th or 10th). I'm also surprised not to see Tony Romo on your list. I would have him in my top 5. Obviously the highest numbers in the league are coming from tom brady. but that's not so much tom brady as it is the patriot's offense. Carson palmer is probably the most accurate passer, and peyton manning is probably the best all-around package

Brady

P. Manning

Favre

Romo

Young

Schaub

Worthlessburger

Palmer

Garcia

Bulger

Kurt Warner should have made that Troll's list...

Obviously it's Jake Delhomme all the way baby!!! Then you got a large drop out off for 2 on the list, which is:

1. Jake delhomme (far and away above the rest)

2. Joey harrington

3. Rex Grossman

4. Michael Vick (Even though he isn't playing he is still great)

5. jeff garcia

6. daunte culpepper

7. jay fielder

8. Jon Kitna

9. marc bulger

10. chad pennington